!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: A leopard changes his spots  (Read 345 times)

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
A leopard changes his spots
« on: December 04, 2019, 09:59:30 PM »
Something new and shiny and distinctly non-GWR arrived in the post this morning.

Despite my devotion to all things with copper caps, I have finally succumbed to EMU-itis. It was a bargain and I wanted something to run alongside RevolutioN's forthcoming 321 and 313. No idea where I will run it course. I have ideas for a minories-based layout. Something like Moorgate except that it received suburban trains off the WCML to give them access to the City and relieve congestion at Euston.

Now where did I put that track planner?
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
Re: A leopard changes his spots
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 10:26:18 PM »
Its always good to have modelling eras that do not overlap.

I got rid of all my 1980s second generation stuff, but then I discovered crimson-cream, so I just shunted my three periods back to 1948-1978 rather than 56-86.

I'm tempted to move all my 1970s era modelling into OO, as I have the basis of a nice set of blue-grey and blue EMUs, and some nice 07 dock shunters, but they are so big I cant run eight car trains :(

Bob

Online RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 10:27:30 PM »
 :jawdropping:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 11:48:18 PM »
I don't know whether to admire that or think he's lost his marbles  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Graham

• N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 12:50:22 AM »
looks good to me.

Offline NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 08:48:33 AM »
Something new and shiny and distinctly non-GWR arrived in the post this morning.

Despite my devotion to all things with copper caps, I have finally succumbed to EMU-itis. It was a bargain and I wanted something to run alongside RevolutioN's forthcoming 321 and 313. No idea where I will run it course. I have ideas for a minories-based layout. Something like Moorgate except that it received suburban trains off the WCML to give them access to the City and relieve congestion at Euston.

Now where did I put that track planner?

I never thought I'd see the day, Matt.

It's good to have different focuses though, helps maintain the enthusiasm. I have something similar in my transition UK main layout and smaller North American present day set-up.

I shall look forward to seeing what you do with it all.

Best

Scott
PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.

“Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends, but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.”

We're not crazy, or insane, we're just people living with a condition.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 09:21:57 AM »
Get thee to a doctor, Matt. You have worms (of the multi coloured type) :worried:

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
December Donations

Advertise Here