!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Stove R and chassis.  (Read 1390 times)

Offline emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
Re: Stove R and chassis.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 12:14:08 AM »
Having looked into this via a couple of sources, the situation is as follows.

The NGS Shopkeep has been authorised to order a new run of the Stove R, including bare chassis from Dapol. However, this won't happen until the Hunslet shunters are dealt with and some of the capital tied up in that project starts flowing back into the Society bank account.

A rough proposed order and restock timescale has been suggested, but I'm not going to make that public for teh obvious  reasons.

Let's just say that it's in hand and as things stand it will happen.

Best

Scott

Thanks very much for the update. It's great to know there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

I'll start working out how many I shall need in the future.

Thanks again.
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline Jeremy Edwards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26830
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2019, 09:17:39 AM »
I shall certainly look at ordering one/some depending on my finances.  I joined too late to order any of the previous batch in a livery that interested me.

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2019, 10:51:08 AM »
I'll probably be ordering a bunch of chassis to stock up for future projects once they're available.

Hi

I'd add a couple extra for projects you haven't even thought of yet.

I speak from experience as I thought I had enough of something I bought years ago but I am now down to my last one and I need another three or four to be on the safe side. Guess what they are not currently available.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Offline emjaybee

• Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2019, 12:54:32 PM »
I'll probably be ordering a bunch of chassis to stock up for future projects once they're available.

Hi

I'd add a couple extra for projects you haven't even thought of yet.

I speak from experience as I thought I had enough of something I bought years ago but I am now down to my last one and I need another three or four to be on the safe side. Guess what they are not currently available.

Cheers

Paul

I have a use for four immediately, so I'll be ordering 20 'just in case'.

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2019, 06:25:48 PM »
Yep I'm thinking it might be worth ordering a hundred or so just to keep some kind of stock of them (and hopefully not freak the NGS shop out in the process).
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline JonHarbour

• N Gauge Society Number: 18965
  • 2mm Association Number: 4667
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2019, 12:37:56 AM »
I can see that I will end up buying at least a couple.  I think this will be another big success for the NGS.
Still planning a layout...

Offline NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2020, 08:58:50 AM »
Approval has been given for the re-order of the Stove R (and Snowplough) RTR models:

Five liveries, 250 of each for Stove R
Five liveries, 250 of each for Snowplough
350 of Stove R chassis.

The 5 Stove liveries are:

BR Maroon
Pullman
BR Crimson
BR Blue
BR C & C

The 5 Snowplough liveries are:

BR Ď60s Black
BR black with hazards
BR Ď70s black
BR blue
Scotty dog

Dapol say delivery will be about 8 months from time of order placed.

Best

Scott.
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you youíre wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally donít know why Iím anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Offline emjaybee

• Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2020, 09:32:03 AM »
That's some good news.

Can I however clarify something?

@NGS-PO you say that 350 Stove-R chassis are going to be ordered is that correct?

350 seems a VERY small amount. From the conversations that have happened on this forum I'd say that 350 will probably sell out in 48hrs.

I'm hoping it's a typo, but if not, can I request an URGENT rethink on that number, there's an awful lot of stock available from the likes of @EtchedPixels and Shapeways, to name just two, that require a Stove-R chassis and if they run out quickly we'll be back to square one again.

Offline NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2020, 10:27:26 AM »
That's some good news.

@NGS-PO you say that 350 Stove-R chassis are going to be ordered is that correct?

350 seems a VERY small amount. From the conversations that have happened on this forum I'd say that 350 will probably sell out in 48hrs.

I'm hoping it's a typo, but if not, can I request an URGENT rethink on that number, there's an awful lot of stock available from the likes of @EtchedPixels and Shapeways, to name just two, that require a Stove-R chassis and if they run out quickly we'll be back to square one again.

350 is not a typo and your request has been passed on to the relevant people.

Best

Scott.
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you youíre wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally donít know why Iím anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Offline emjaybee

• Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2020, 11:23:15 AM »
That's some good news.

Best

Scott.

Thanks very much.

After I posted I went through some threads which mentioned the chassis and I reckon about 200 would sell in the first 24 hrs and the rest very quickly after.

Even 500/600 would help. I realise it's an additional cost to the Society,  but they are very popular. I've got six vehicles waiting for chassis and there's others I'd do if the chassis were available.

Here's hoping for a sensible solution.

Offline NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2020, 11:41:03 AM »
That's some good news.

Best

Scott.

Thanks very much.

After I posted I went through some threads which mentioned the chassis and I reckon about 200 would sell in the first 24 hrs and the rest very quickly after.

Even 500/600 would help. I realise it's an additional cost to the Society,  but they are very popular. I've got six vehicles waiting for chassis and there's others I'd do if the chassis were available.

Here's hoping for a sensible solution.

I'm not the shopkeeper, nor the committee, but I do know that in terms of the last batch, between 20th July 2017 and 21st November 2018, the shop sold a total of 81 chassis, which is about 5 a month on average, and that's real scientific data.  It would be unprecedented for 350 chassis to be sold in 48hrs.

However, there may be an initial high level up-take upon release, particularly when it has been suggested that one individual may be after a large amount in one go. This last being the case, a higher figure is already being looked at.

Lastly, the NGS Shop fully intends to replenish supplies of the Stove on a semi-regular basis, but no more regularly than annually and only when demand/stock dictates it is viable.  My point is, this isn't intended to be the last order from Dapol of these models.

Best

Scott.

Offline emjaybee

• Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2020, 11:46:06 AM »
@NGS-PO thanks for the clarification. It's very useful to have some idea of the 'inner workings' of those sort of discussions. To be perfectly honest, if I were to think this would be the last chance for chassis I'd over order 'just in case'. Knowing that this is unlikely to be the case will help people anticipate and plan better.

Offline JonHarbour

• N Gauge Society Number: 18965
  • 2mm Association Number: 4667
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2020, 12:28:06 PM »
I also suspect 350 chassis might disappear quite quickly! Although I donít have any specific projects at this time, I will probably end up buying a couple. There have been a couple of items in the past that caught my eye which needed this chassis...
Still planning a layout...

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2020, 02:30:54 PM »
Scott has given real sales figures demonstrating that past experience shows that even with 350 chassis that should be fine.  I'm sure that some people are very keen to get them but past experience (and it was similar when I was on the Committee) shows that it is a relatively limited number of people.

Cheers Mike

Offline emjaybee

• Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2020, 02:42:50 PM »

Scott has given real sales figures demonstrating that past experience shows that even with 350 chassis that should be fine.  I'm sure that some people are very keen to get them but past experience (and it was similar when I was on the Committee) shows that it is a relatively limited number of people.

Cheers Mike

@red_death @NGS-PO

That's fine, but with all due respect, people will have been without them for two years or more, with the advancement of 3D printing there are more vehicles available for which they are well suited and there's quite a few people who already have vehicles with no chassis.

I'd be interested to know when the last batch was bought, how many was in that batch and how long it took to sell them all?

The Stove-R vehicles were still in stock quite a while after the chassis sold out. I would have thought that a similar proportion of vehicles to chassis needs procuring with more chassis on the order than last time.
If the chassis can only be ordered with the vehicles surely it makes sense to try and 'time' the final item sold of each to be similar.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 02:44:16 PM by emjaybee »

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP