!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Moorpark Junction  (Read 3475 times)

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Moorpark Junction
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2020, 04:07:08 AM »
Sounds like a good lockdown project steve to me let alone a bank holiday project

Offline degsy_safc

• Awards
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2020, 10:03:38 AM »
Plenty to keep you busy Steve..

Have a good productive weekend mate..

Cheers Derek
Cheers Derek

Offline LASteve

• N Gauge Society Number: 28183
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2020, 05:16:59 AM »
Well, I fell a little short in my ambitions for the weekend, but as I spent a good few hours or more on the down relief point, basically laying it four times before I got it right (including using a short radius turnout when it should have been a medium radius), I'm not unhappy. I did tell myself when I started the new build not to compromise and be in a rush to get the track laid and trains running, so I, for once, listened to myself and got it right in the end.

I also had some fun, @dannyboy shipped me three 16T tank wagons and a CL 08 BR Blue shunter, so I had my oil train running around the top loop while I was working on the lower section and it looked pretty impressive with the CL 33, a barrier wagon, 11 16T tanks and a brake van. Not quite Fawley-prototypical due to the different wagon owners, but it's pleasing to my eye. I've had the shunter running up and down from the branch connector and around most of the new mainline. It's a good bell-wether for any problems on the track or the points. Mostly due to adhesive needing a little cleaning from the running rails. The CL50 continues to take everything in stride, that is a workhorse of a model.

I just ran out of the dummy joiner sleepers for the track joins, so I've got some more ordered and hopefully on the way tomorrow. Funny how the smallest thing can cause a hold-up. I don't want to rush ahead and then have to come back to retro-fit the dummies, I've tried that before and just made a mess of it. So I've got a few days until next weekend, then I hope I'll have the sleepers delivered, and I can lay the final curved crossover on the main lines and complete the ovals. Patience!

When the ovals are complete and I've had a chance to tidy up, then I'll post some pictures. Right now it's all functional, but something of a bugger's muddle. I think there is at least 1,500 yards of wiring, and that's not scale yards either! Well, OK, maybe 300 yards, but that's a hell of a lot of spaghetti for what is basically an 8x4' layout, and still more to come!

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2020, 06:11:01 AM »
Steve
 Rather you than me with all that wiring. Take your time especially with wiring.
 Love to see the 33 and the 08 on the tanks even a photo

Online Nbodger

• N Gauge Society Number: 8788
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2020, 07:33:32 AM »
Steve

If you are like me, I always set over ambitious targets and never complete them, but at least it gives you a structured plan for what needs doing. They are not deliberately set, just things take longer to do than anticipated.

Just take your time and enjoy, the main thing is to have the enjoyment of something running from time to time and be happy with what you have achieved.

Stay safe

Mike H  8)

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal