!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Irwell Valley Railway  (Read 21500 times)

Nbodger, lil chris, mdt320 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: Irwell Valley Railway
« Reply #615 on: May 29, 2020, 11:39:31 AM »
Many thanks for the videos, Chris, including of the alleged Minitrix Greeley brake end coach in BR Lined Maroon and your "Castle". You now need a GWR livery brake end coach, Colletts are cheaper than Hawksworths.

Online lil chris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #616 on: May 29, 2020, 05:37:05 PM »
Thanks Chris pleased you liked the Mintrix coach of yours. Thanks for telling me about Collets I know nothing about Gwr stock. I saw the Hawksworth coach going cheap ( £23.50) and it was chocolate and cream so I bought it along with the point I needed to finish my goods yard. To be honest I thought the coach was a brake end I must have been mistaken because it was the only one he had. I do need to by some more chocolate and cream coaches, the Castle would have definitely had more than 3 coaches even though it was a special train travelling round the country.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

my old layout was East Lancashire Lines.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #617 on: May 29, 2020, 07:04:57 PM »
I think the Dapol Collett brake end coaches in GWR livery can still be found for lower prices than the GF Hawksworth ones can, Chris.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #618 on: May 29, 2020, 07:10:14 PM »
Hampshire Models who I have bought from several times, quite happily have one:

https://www.hampshiremodels.co.uk/collections/dapol-n-gauge-coaches

DAPOL 2P-000-283 N GAUGE COLLETT COACH GWR CREST CHOCOLATE/CREAM BRAKE COMP 6527
 £20.99 Regular price£24.50 1 AVAILABLE
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 07:11:41 PM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #619 on: May 29, 2020, 09:21:47 PM »
Thanks Chris I might buy that.
Here is a update on my control panel. Things have been delayed waiting for some multiconnectors so I can plug multiple green led's into the one connection. I could have cut and spliced the wires but I did not fancy doing that and keeping them standard is better for any future changes. Up to now I have just used the red/green led's, on the right side the station plan I am using the mutli colour ones for all the switches.The plan is to use extra green one's to show the route selected. I have 24 of each at the moment and I have mainly installed the red/green apart from two on the station diagram which are not connecetd yet. I have just enough green led's for the diagram has it is at present that is why I have ordered a extra pack with the connectors. There are a few bare spots on the fiddle yard diagram for the sidings, plus it would be good to show which goods yard siding is active.

Be a lot better once it is all lit up.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #620 on: May 30, 2020, 06:37:19 AM »
Tha's a very tidy looking control panel.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #621 on: May 30, 2020, 09:15:35 AM »
Looks very professional, Chris. Unlike my 'Blue Peter' effort :-[

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #622 on: May 30, 2020, 09:23:41 AM »
Looking forward to seeing it "all lit up"  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #623 on: May 30, 2020, 09:39:59 AM »
Thanks everyone for the comments, I am hoping the parcel will arrive today then I can finish it at last.
Lil Chris

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #624 on: May 30, 2020, 05:31:30 PM »
Well a bit of a sickner no parcel has arrived so will have to wait now till Monday and hope it comes then. Will do some more testing tonight but not for too long, a bit warm in the railway room.
Lil Chris

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #625 on: May 30, 2020, 10:37:06 PM »
More testing tonight and I have had some success apart from the Class 47 which is giving me problems ( see seperate thread in train surgery) I have tried a few locos and also run them through the station loop with no problems,even the UM 3f, that needs wheels cleaning I think, some seem a little rough over the goods point on the loop so I need to check the point is flat. A video to digest.

Sorry deleted the first two wrong way round for some unknown reason. I will repost some more later on Sunday.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:14:42 AM by lil chris »
Lil Chris

Online Nbodger

• N Gauge Society Number: 8788
    • Awards
« Reply #626 on: May 31, 2020, 10:52:38 AM »
Chris,

Glad your track problems are getting resolved, hope you get the class 47 sorted soon. Anymore news on the 108 DMU that was giving you grief before.

Stay safe

Mike H  8)

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #627 on: May 31, 2020, 09:23:02 PM »
More testing tonight this time with my Class 108 DMU. I removed the bogie and cleaned the contacts and wheels and removed some hard grease that was all over the place. I then gave it just a touch of model railway oil. I then tried it on my test track first and it now runs pretty good althought the slow speed running is not brilliant.On checking my diary it has a DZ125 decoder which I put in when I bought it in 2013, those 6 years have passed to quick for my liking. At some time I will get another Zimmo decoder so I get good slow running. I tried the 108 on my layout it passes through the station loop even stops and starts with no problems here is a video, strangly it stopped on the layout on the curves and on checking it the circuit breaker had tripped. I am wondering if I have the circuit breaker set too low, I have it set on 1.29amps.
Lil Chris

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #628 on: May 31, 2020, 10:13:58 PM »
Another test run this time my old GF 4MT 80048 having a well earned test run round the layout, eventually un coupling the coaches, nothing tacky wax will not sort. Also the Class 108 DMU was running too. That has not bad slow running when using the normal increment buttons(stupidly i was using the fast increment buttons)  with the DZ125 decoder, not has fine as the Zimmo but not bad.

On further testing it looks like the Class 47 is drawing extra current so not sure what that means for it, Imight just put back a cheaper decoder for in case it blows.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 11:06:23 PM by lil chris »
Lil Chris

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #629 on: May 31, 2020, 10:33:02 PM »
The last test run tonight, this is my old GF 3f from my original layout built for my two sons in the 90's. It has been converted to dcc by Digitrains and has a DZ125 decoder hard wired. It still runs ok, there for nostalga, must find my later 4f and see how that runs.
Lil Chris

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal