!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Farish Controller - How do I get the knob off to hardwire (sockets dicky)  (Read 144 times)

Offline Fredastaire

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Help needed,
On my workbench are two of my Farish controllers, both have iffy plug connections. I'm partway thro having to build my home layout so i'm quite happy to hardwire these as the internal sockets have failed.
Ive taken the back off and can see screws holding the upper grey case to the PCB, what I cannot spot is how the big speed knob comes off.
Does anybody know?
Theres nothing wrong with either controller function, plus my layout will need at least four in close proximity of each other so I see no reason to replace them with anything else.
Thanks all

Offline themadhippy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
does the top of the knob,the bit with B on it come off?might ne a nut or screw under there.If not it maybe glued or a tight friction fit
Don't fart before your arse is ready

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Loco Repairs - Direct message me
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
They do pull off with force, glued on

Offline Izzy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards

You donít need to get the knob off. Once the back is off there are another four screws which allow the inside board to come away from the front. Be careful as there are still wires going to the pot from the main board of course.

Izzy

Offline Fredastaire

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Gentleman, a word of thanks, particular ref to Izzy, ive at least two to sort so its reach for the multimeter time.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal