!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dr Al's workbench - clearing the backlog, and adding some Zs  (Read 73312 times)

Offline BramptonBranch

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Dr Al's workbench - clearing the backlog, and adding some Zs
« Reply #750 on: January 08, 2020, 10:57:31 PM »
I have one on a converted Minitrix dock tank chassis (middle wheels removed) but doesn't look as good as yours!

Offline Dr Al

• Trade Count: (+52)
    • Awards
« Reply #751 on: January 08, 2020, 11:02:36 PM »
I have one on a converted Minitrix dock tank chassis (middle wheels removed) but doesn't look as good as yours!

I think that's one chassis that I'm not at all fond of - they wear like hell. The Arnold unit intended is definitely superior (even if it is 45+ years old!).

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

“We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.” – Dr. Carl Sagan

Offline exmouthcraig

• Trade Count: (+6)
    • Awards
« Reply #752 on: January 08, 2020, 11:06:26 PM »
 :smiley-laughing: I ALWAYS profess to know nothing. It makes for an easier life!!!!

It, like the Caly look ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC Alan, another 2 wonderfully crafted pieces by your good self!!!

Surely a Zimo mx617n would fit under the cab floor  :o

@thebrighton mentioned the extension of the cab to fit the chassis, is that the little box on the back??

That looks the perfect size slot for a chip  :hmmm:

But I'll say one thing, I never believed I'd be name dropped by the good Dr himself  :o :D

Offline Dr Al

• Trade Count: (+52)
    • Awards
« Reply #753 on: January 08, 2020, 11:30:55 PM »
:smiley-laughing: I ALWAYS profess to know nothing. It makes for an easier life!!!!

That's far shrewder than it might first seem.

Surely a Zimo mx617n would fit under the cab floor  :o

@thebrighton mentioned the extension of the cab to fit the chassis, is that the little box on the back??

That looks the perfect size slot for a chip  :hmmm:

None of the above - the motor is large and takes up all those spaces. The place a MX616F would almost certainly fit is on top of the motor in the cab roof area. Tight, but the chassis surprisingly friendly as the motor is essentially completely isolated electrically from the chassis, wipers (that could be removed) provide the connection.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

“We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.” – Dr. Carl Sagan

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £85.00
Above Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
142% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal