!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Plsticard Setts (Cobblestones)  (Read 187 times)

Online mojo

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Plsticard Setts (Cobblestones)
« on: October 15, 2019, 10:25:15 AM »
I am searching for an A4 size sheet of setts or cobbles, are there any available in plasticard?
The nearest I have found are 2mm grey roofing tiles from Slaters but they may be too large for setts.
I have previously used Metcalfe but their card sheets of cobblestones are A5 size or thereabouts which is too small without joining. The area to be covered is an odd shape so requires 3 pieces of the paper card.
I also managed to ruin the first attempt by laying it before ballasting then forgetting to cover it prior to wetting the ballast which made the card "bubble up", hence the need for the plastic sheet!
Maurice C.

Online NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
Re: Plsticard Setts (Cobblestones)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 12:06:21 PM »
It's not plasticard, but if you're still happy with a paper solution, Scalescenes' sheet TX31a comes in A4.

https://scalescenes.com/product/tx31a-cobblestone-setts/

Best

Scott
PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.

“Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends, but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.”

We're not crazy, or insane, we're just people living with a condition.

Online dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:39:23 PM by dannyboy, Reason: added a bit »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 09:31:03 PM »
At a recent show I did notice some packs of scallop pattern cobbles in N, the plastic sheets/pieces weren't large but the edges were quite cunningly moulded in an interlocking almost jigsaw puzzle style which should allow the joints to be disguised well. I didn't buy them simply because a have a friend who is busy preparing a printed sheet of cobbles for me (he works in college reprographics) so I think it's only fair to see what he comes up with first  :D

The sheets were Auhagen item 44 632

Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 09:41:50 PM »
Redutec do sheets of self adhesive cobblestones which are very good but a bit on the expensive side .
B H Enterprises have just started stocking some A4 sheets these are embossed on thick ITALIAN wallpaper but do look really good and there is a range of brick types ,stone and cobbles they are really good value for money if you have a large area to do .
Bob Tidbury
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 08:46:41 AM by Bob Tidbury »

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here