!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: China Clay Wagons  (Read 177 times)

Offline Calnefoxile

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 13399
  • 2mm Association Number: 5004
    • Awards
China Clay Wagons
« on: September 16, 2019, 02:23:40 PM »

Following on from a couple of posts I've made in other threads I would like to ask the great collective a simple question:

Which of the NGS kits best represents an OWV? As seen here https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brclayliner

Which apparently is what China Clay was carried in out of Cornwall, it seems that the Farish/Kernow UCV's never really left Cornwall in any great numbers. There were a couple of flows of CHina Clay out of Cornwall but the stuff was carried in OWV's, the difference being the Bearings, OWV's have Roller Bearings whereas UCV's have Oil Filled bearings and so because of the speeds & distances required the Oil Filled bearings are not suitable.

So to cut a long diatribe short, I'm going to have to build a load of OWV's to put in a nice rake behind a Blue Class 40, mixed in with a couple of UCV's and some of the NGS's VVV's (Which I've already built) as MOD Traffic.

TIA

Neal.

Offline StufromEGDL

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • So there's a picture of the real thing like that??
    • Awards
Re: China Clay Wagons
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 03:40:13 PM »
Hi Neal,

You got a nice blue Class 40 then?? :laugh:

Later,
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £74.00
Below Goal: £26.00
Site Currency: GBP
74% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything