!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Ixion/Dapol Manor to not move  (Read 263 times)

Offline Hakan

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Ixion/Dapol Manor to not move
« on: August 31, 2019, 04:22:29 PM »
Hello,
I recently bought a Ixion (no mention of Dapol) Manor that should be DCC and acc to seller work fine. However me and a friend who is DCC knowledgeable tried both on a simple 4 adress Fleischman and a fullblown controller - he even controlled from his android phone but it did not move only a very faint purring sound could be heard so current is available.

Does anyone have an instruction to scan and post here and/or send it directly to hakan.hessel@telia.com.

We opened the coal and saw the motor but did not see any chip.

The case and article number and the factory instruction enclosed does not say anything about DCC, adressses etc. The manual says that it is possible to open the dome and unscrew. That is yet to be done, we dared not. Is DCC hardwired? Yes acc to seller. Where is the chip?

We never ran it on plain DC.

The id is Frilsham Manor Ixion INS 7816.

Can anyone put some light on this. Is it a matter of incompatibility.

Håkan.

Offline zwilnik

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19730
    • Awards
Re: Ixion/Dapol Manor to not move
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 04:39:50 PM »
Stupid question but is the drive shaft still connected between the tender and loco (goes through the cab area). The faint purring sound makes me think the motor is running but no shaft is connected.

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 04:50:09 PM »
Is the "faint purring sound" constant when on the DCC track?     If you hear the sound continuously then that probably indicates the loco has no decoder and is DC only. If so, remove it from the DCC track immediately, before you damage the motor!

Did the seller tell you the DCC address?

Did you try the loco on a DCC programming track and try to read the decoder to check the DCC address? If the programmer cannot find a decoder then it probably doesn't have one :-)

The Ixion Manor was not made as DCC Ready as far as I know, so it would need to have a decoder hard-wired.  It has the motor in the tender, so if the decoder is not also there and there are no wires going into the loco body for a decoder then I suspect it has no decoder!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 04:59:38 PM by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 05:02:11 PM »
Welcome aboard Håkan! :wave:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal