!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: SR 8 plank wagons  (Read 112 times)

Offline exmouthcraig

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Awards
SR 8 plank wagons
« on: September 08, 2019, 08:39:16 AM »
Morning All,

:searchingsign: :confusedsign: :helpneededsign:

The SR moved sand for loco sandboxes in their own 8 plank open wagons from Fremington Quay to all loco sheds on their network.

Thankfully the NGS do a SR 8 plank kit and all 20 of them have built into fantastic wagons, but they have now come out the spray booth in primer BUT what colour were these wagons in BR control 1959-63??

Originally SR freight dark brown but did they ever get repainted? Were they BR freight grey or even Bauxite?

I've trawled the Paul Bartlett site, but most pictures show them being adapted and some cut down to 5 plank or have had vac brakes fitted and pictures mainly are from after my time frame.

So any help or information will be much appreciated

:thankyousign: Craig

Offline Southerngooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24642
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: SR 8 plank wagons
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 05:36:41 PM »
Hi

Iíve done my 10 in a mix of bauxite (7) and grey (3) - no idea if thatís right but given the information I could find they all seem to have been fitted by 1960.....

Dave

Offline exmouthcraig

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Awards
Re: SR 8 plank wagons
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »
Cheers Dave, I'll go with that, more bauxite than grey but that'll be good enough. I'll put a few new planks in places and once loaded and weathered will be acceptable.

If people only find the colour of a wagon rake to complain about I'll take that  :P

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
55% 
September Donations

anything