Great Model Railway Challenge 2019

Started by dannyboy, August 03, 2019, 12:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silly moo

I found the programme excruciating at times, and the two presenters and the music annoying, I thought the items supplied in the scratchbuilding challenge were silly but it has raised the profile of our hobby and generated a lot of interest.

It has no doubt increased sales of model railway products which will benefit everyone involved in model railways. Even though the layouts were almost exclusively 00 some of those people who were encouraged to have a go themselves will probably opt for N. The more the merrier.

:NGaugersRule:

Nick

Quote from: Gizzy on November 29, 2019, 01:10:28 PM
I found the program to be entertaining but the two main presenters very annoying!
I think that's part of the design template for this type of show - MasterChef and Bake Off refer...

I enjoyed the show and am glad to hear that it's been recommissioned.
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

red_death

Conversely I really like the presenters - they don't trivialise it too much, but equally they make it fun and accessible.

kirky

Quote from: red_death on November 29, 2019, 05:46:36 PM
Conversely I really like the presenters - they don't trivialise it too much, but equally they make it fun and accessible.
Is it just me or is there a remarkable likeness between one of the presenters (the one with beard) and the other Revolution Trains bloke - our very own @Ben A ??
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Graham

Quote from: red_death on November 29, 2019, 05:46:36 PM
I agree, whilst to some they may appear this way, they are trying to make the show attractive to non rail enthusiasts, which they do.

dannyboy

It is, after all, an 'entertainment' programme and it does do that. Although I have to say that some of the one liners they come out with are worse than mine.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

a close run thing, but yes, worse than yours ....

just  :smiley-laughing:

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Still haven't gotten around to watching episode 5.

I realise it's not serious modelling, but to me it's boring. I find the whole thing tiresome and to some extent predictable.

I sort of enjoyed the first season, but the format has worn thin very quickly, almost to the point of having to force myself to watch it.

The solution of course is not to watch it, which is probably what will happen.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Skyline2uk

Whilst I know who won (no spoilers here), I couldn't bring myself to watch the rest of the final.

Again, without spoiling, events unfolded in such a way that pushed my cringe-o meter beyond braking point.

That all being said, I agree with the result and having met the team in question now (and got a selfie with a team member, god I regressed to a teen!), they were a lovely bunch.

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations