!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kits for Palethorpes Sausage Vans  (Read 363 times)

Offline BRMan

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Kits for Palethorpes Sausage Vans
« on: July 15, 2019, 06:16:03 PM »
Hi, just noticed that Cambridge Custom Transfers make Palethorpes transfers for sausage vans.  Can anyone suggest a kit that would be suitable for making up sausage vans, similar to the Hornby OO models?  I'd really like to make a small rake of these up.

Thanks,
John

Offline joe cassidy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Kits for Palethorpes Sausage Vans
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 06:21:15 PM »
Mill Lane Sidings used to do a kit for these.

I can't remember if they did kits for both 4-wheel and 6-wheel wagons but, in the case of the 6 wheeler, an NGS Stove 'R'chassis is required which I believe is no longer available.

Best regards,

Joe
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:21:44 AM by joe cassidy, Reason: wrong wordused »

Offline PLD

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Hull Miniature Railway Society
    • Awards
Re: Kits for Palethorpes Sausage Vans
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 10:14:30 PM »
Mill Lane Models used to do a kit for these.

I can't remember if they did kits for both 4-wheel and 6-wheel wagons but, in the case of the 6 wheeler, an NGS Stove 'R'chassis is required which I believe is no longer available.
The Mill Lane kit used flat pre-coloured printed acetate sides, so putting transfers over those doesn't make much sense. You could use the roof and ends which IIRC were cast metal and scratch-build new sides with full relief detail then use the transfers over that...

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal