!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Facts And Figures About British Railways, By British Railways Review  (Read 212 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Facts And Figures About British Railways, By British Railways

Book Review: I purchased the above booklet, issued for 1953 purely out of interest. The seller kindly threw in the booklets for 1956/1958/1967. Having had a quick look at the 1953 issue, it is quite interesting. There are sections on 'Comparisons', (did you know that BR "carry more than twice as many passengers as railroads in U.S.A"?); 'Expenditure', ("Train and Vehicle Operating Costs" equalled 129.7 million!); 'Branch Lines'; 'Ships and Ferries'; 'Police' amongst others. Other interesting, (to some), facts - 201 Diesel locomotives were in service at the end of 1952 and at the end of 1952, BR had 601,381 staff with a wage bill of 252,500,000.00p ! If you are into facts and figures, these booklets give a wealth of information.

Score: 5
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
Re: Facts And Figures About British Railways, By British Railways Review
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 03:27:33 PM »
That was the year I was born.

No wonder I had to lick road clay oft road!  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00