!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Fleischmann vs Peco tracks  (Read 168 times)

Offline Greenelm

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Fleischmann vs Peco tracks
« on: July 03, 2019, 06:54:11 PM »
Good afternoon, I am quite new to this forum so please excuse me if my question has been raised before or is regarded as irrelevant. I am building an N-gauge layout with Fleischmann (ballasted) rails, but I wonder if I can combine with Peco rails. Are they compatible? I have Fleischmann and Piko locomotives. I have had some issues with some of the locos derailing on the Fleischmann rails and Jutta wondered if Peco rails would be better. Thanks.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Fleischmann vs Peco tracks
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 09:33:01 PM »
Hi Greenelm, and welcome to the forum :wave:
Sorry, but I have no experience of that track system but am sure one of our experts will be along soon with some help.

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 10:46:07 PM »
G'day from Australia, Greenelm, and welcome to the NGF!  :thumbsup:

I have a small section of Fleischmann ballasted track connected to Peco Code 80 track on my layout, so the answer is yes, although I don't know about connecting to Peco Code 55.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 11:29:19 PM »
Fleischmann track is code 80 and will connect to Peco code 80, but you will need to use Fleischmann joiners because Peco joiners will not fit the slightly wider foot of the Fleischmann rail.

To connect Fleischmann to Peco code 55 you will need to use Fleischmann joiners but also you will need to grind away the middle section of the Peco code 55 rail.

I have no problems running any of the continental brands (Fleischmann, Arnold, Roco, Minitrix, Piko and many others) on Peco code 80 or code 55 track.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Greenelm

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 08:32:27 AM »
Many thanks for the replies. Very helpful!

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
55% 
September Donations

anything