!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The end of DJ Models?  (Read 24385 times)

Offline Cape Town Trev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 7499
    • Awards
Re: The end of DJ Models?
« Reply #315 on: August 19, 2019, 02:16:54 PM »
As you'll probably gather from my moniker, I'm in Cape Town.
I lodged a refund request for one class 92 yesterday.  Just got a reply:
"Card issuing banks are bound by procedures, rules and time frames as determined by Visa/MasterCard International, in which disputed transactions may be addressed.

Should a dispute not be reported within the time frames as specified by Visa/MasterCard International, the card issuing bank may not be able to render any assistance to the cardholder in terms of resolving the dispute.

Please confirm when you were supposed to receive service or goods from the merchant as our records show that the disputed transaction date is 13 March 2017."

I have two queries: 1. Any evidence I can get as to expected delivery? and 2. What was the total price for an N gauge sound fitted class 92 - Caledonian Sleeper? Their next question maybe value of the total transaction.

Thanks in anticipation.
Hi Trev,
As far as the timescales, DJ Models only declared their situation in June this year so at your earliest convenience, since realising you were not getting the Class 92, you have requested a refund.
I received my refund for a deposit on a King, which really makes no difference. With regards to delivery date, I simply explained that the deposit was 50% of the final price which would be paid when the model was ready for dispatch. I was able to show this by accessing the website pages and printing off the relevant paperwork. Hopefully you can do likewise for your 92.
Regards Dennis.
Thanks Dennis. Unfortunately when I try to access the website I cannot get details.  Strangely I can access my account on the DJ Models website but my Class 92 was done on Dave's old system which Dave said could not be transferred across.  Proof of my first 30GBP paid would be that he would not ask for the initial deposit only numbers 2 & 3!!!!!!!
Regards,
Trev

Offline Delboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #316 on: August 19, 2019, 02:52:58 PM »

[/quote]
Thanks Dennis. Unfortunately when I try to access the website I cannot get details.  Strangely I can access my account on the DJ Models website but my Class 92 was done on Dave's old system which Dave said could not be transferred across.  Proof of my first 30GBP paid would be that he would not ask for the initial deposit only numbers 2 & 3!!!!!!!
Regards,
Trev
[/quote]
That,s not such good news for now but the law is on your side. Perhaps someone who has had success with the same deposit for a Class 92 can comment?
Best of Luck.
Dennis.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: August 19, 2019, 07:21:12 PM »
I would use a recent email from Dave to show that delivery was at an as yet unconfirmed point in the future, combined with the date of administration.

The RMWeb has confirmation of prices, I want to say £205 for sound fitted.

Offline Cape Town Trev

• Awards
« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2019, 01:14:30 PM »
As you'll probably gather from my moniker, I'm in Cape Town.
I lodged a refund request for one class 92 yesterday.  Just got a reply:
"Card issuing banks are bound by procedures, rules and time frames as determined by Visa/MasterCard International, in which disputed transactions may be addressed.

Should a dispute not be reported within the time frames as specified by Visa/MasterCard International, the card issuing bank may not be able to render any assistance to the cardholder in terms of resolving the dispute.

Please confirm when you were supposed to receive service or goods from the merchant as our records show that the disputed transaction date is 13 March 2017."

I have two queries: 1. Any evidence I can get as to expected delivery? and 2. What was the total price for an N gauge sound fitted class 92 - Caledonian Sleeper? Their next question maybe value of the total transaction.

Thanks in anticipation.
Hi Trev,
As far as the timescales, DJ Models only declared their situation in June this year so at your earliest convenience, since realising you were not getting the Class 92, you have requested a refund.
I received my refund for a deposit on a King, which really makes no difference. With regards to delivery date, I simply explained that the deposit was 50% of the final price which would be paid when the model was ready for dispatch. I was able to show this by accessing the website pages and printing off the relevant paperwork. Hopefully you can do likewise for your 92.
Regards Dennis.
Just advised by my South African credit card - Virgin Money that my claim is denied on being outside the 120 days.  I responded saying I dispute this as I was advised of the failure to supply / liquidation on 6 June 2019 and I put in a claim on 19 August 2019 well within the 120 days.  I asked that the matter be referred to Visa / Mastercard international if this is VMSA's final decision.  I did say that I know of others being refunded even after they got this response from their card issuer.  I hope you guys are telling the truth  :D

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2019, 02:02:31 PM »
We never tell the truth on this forum ;)
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #320 on: August 22, 2019, 02:08:53 PM »
Just advised by my South African credit card - Virgin Money that my claim is denied on being outside the 120 days.  I responded saying I dispute this as I was advised of the failure to supply / liquidation on 6 June 2019 and I put in a claim on 19 August 2019 well within the 120 days.  I asked that the matter be referred to Visa / Mastercard international if this is VMSA's final decision.  I did say that I know of others being refunded even after they got this response from their card issuer.  I hope you guys are telling the truth  :D

No idea what the procedure is in South Africa, but in the UK you would complain first to the card issuer (ie Virgin) and then once you've exhuasted that you can appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service (looks similar over there, you have FAIS Ombud).

Visa or Mastercard (they're different companies) don't factor at all, they simply facilitate the transactions via the card.

Offline Cape Town Trev

• Awards
« Reply #321 on: August 22, 2019, 02:22:36 PM »

No idea what the procedure is in South Africa, but in the UK you would complain first to the card issuer (ie Virgin) and then once you've exhuasted that you can appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service (looks similar over there, you have FAIS Ombud).

Visa or Mastercard (they're different companies) don't factor at all, they simply facilitate the transactions via the card.

I have found the Visa International merchants guide and quoted from the disputes section.  Basically if the card issuer gets a dispute then refers to merchant.  If merchant did not dispatch goods then "accepts dispute".  I again pointed out that the merchant DJ Models no longer exists - in liquidation.  Not sure about the 120 days limit but from you guys it is from when realised not being received to putting in claim, not when initial transaction made on credit card.

Thanks for the experiences on this topic which I cobbling for my claim.

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2019, 02:53:36 PM »
Yep, absolutely, but you don't complain to Visa as part of that - just want to make sure you escalate to the right place :-)

And yes, the 'counter' starts on the earlier of the date you were due to receive the item or the date you became aware that you would not receive the item. Not the date of the transaction.

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #323 on: August 22, 2019, 03:20:38 PM »
Yep, absolutely, but you don't complain to Visa as part of that - just want to make sure you escalate to the right place :-)

And yes, the 'counter' starts on the earlier of the date you were due to receive the item or the date you became aware that you would not receive the item. Not the date of the transaction.

Exactly this.

Offline Cape Town Trev

• Awards
« Reply #324 on: August 22, 2019, 06:18:57 PM »
Just had feedback - outside time limit of 120 days.
Well I can escalate to ABSA bank, the bank that hosts Virgin Money card.  If ABSA was still a part of Barclays Bank I would ask them to collaborate with them.  ???

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #325 on: August 22, 2019, 06:50:49 PM »
Why? Just escalate to ABSA bank as they’ve requested. Don’t bring Visa into it. Stick to the facts, see if you can find the relevant part of South African consumer legislation.

Offline Cape Town Trev

• Awards
« Reply #326 on: August 22, 2019, 07:13:38 PM »
Why? Just escalate to ABSA bank as they’ve requested. Don’t bring Visa into it. Stick to the facts, see if you can find the relevant part of South African consumer legislation.
Just to clarify it is to ABSA that I have escalated to. Virgin said seek legal advice or refer to ABSA.
The other loco was paid on my debit card. Bank employee in branch was helpful we trawled my bank statement but couldn’t find the transaction. Get home and an entry on 8 September 2018 jumps out DJ Models Liverpool!
My bank charges a recall fee but disputes team investigates first.
Bed time reading of the Consumer Protection Act awaits.

Offline honk843

• N Gauge Society Number: 1800
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: August 22, 2019, 07:24:39 PM »
Can you just confirm that you have written to them (not e-mail) . I got lots of verbal about 120 days upon ringing but when I wrote to Barclays they refunded without a murmur (so far) and within 14 days I had the money back. I think before they put a response in writing it is referred upwards to avoid possible bad press coverage and claims to compliance enforcers.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: August 22, 2019, 08:41:44 PM »
The 120 day period (according to Visa or MasterCard) only starts from date you know the problem not the transaction date.

As a second thought, given the transaction happened in the UK under UK law is the card issuer not bound by UK law? Might be worth asking the Financial Ombudsman.

Offline Cape Town Trev

• Awards
« Reply #329 on: August 22, 2019, 09:03:07 PM »
The 120 day period (according to Visa or MasterCard) only starts from date you know the problem not the transaction date.

As a second thought, given the transaction happened in the UK under UK law is the card issuer not bound by UK law? Might be worth asking the Financial Ombudsman.
I agree about the 120 day period just getting Virgin money to understand.
Your second thought as confirmed by my reading of the South African Consumer Protection Act means that I am not covered. The Act only covers transactions and supply in South Africa  :'(
I am in South Africa using a South African credit card.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal