!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The end of DJ Models?  (Read 24603 times)

Offline ten0G

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Re: The end of DJ Models?
« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2019, 10:58:54 AM »
Pleased to find that when I checked my Nationwide a/c, an amount of £67.50 had been credited on Tuesday. 

This was a week after I emailed Nationwide copies of my email enquiry to CG and their reply, following a snail-mail response requesting them for evidence - rather surprising as I'd already emailed the CG documents with my claim on 3rd July. 

A big   :thankyousign:   to all for your advice, and more encouragement for those of you yet to claim successfully. 

Offline Dickydcc

• Awards
« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2019, 11:32:01 AM »
It is good to see people getting there hard earned back & that members are helping each other. Has anyone heard if assets have been sold, is there any chance of any of the planned models being completed for sale?

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »
There are no completed models. They’re said there are no assets to realise.   

Offline Roy L S

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2019, 03:44:14 PM »
There are no completed models. They’re said there are no assets to realise.   

Is this the declared position of the Liquidation and is the Company now being wound up?

Tooling for the Mermaid clealy does exist and the Shark too from all accounts but even if ownership was proven realisation would not have been cost effective to pursue. The only other N Gauge tooling was for the Clayton which was completed but from all accounts that was the subject of a dispute between DJM and the factory that was engaged to produce them.

I guess the best/only prospect is that in time someone else might take the tooling on or commission models from it and they then appear under different branding, but I'm not holding my breath personally.

Roy

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2019, 03:47:36 PM »
It was in the statements from CG some weeks ago, yes.

Offline Dickydcc

• Awards
« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2019, 10:12:42 PM »
Pity, I would have liked a J94 , class 17 or 23.....

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2019, 11:18:01 PM »
Yep, the Class 17 in particular was a loco I was looking forward to very much and it is such a shame it got as far as tooling and an EP and then no further. Will we now see one RTR in N? Never say never, but personally I am not holding my breath.

Roy

Offline honk843

• N Gauge Society Number: 1800
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: August 10, 2019, 09:08:02 AM »
This may be of interest because I used a debit card rather than a credit one for the deposit on two Kings.
Spurred on by encouragement from other participants following my earlier posts, I have had a reply from Barclays to a letter I wrote following a telephone call when I was told I would not get a refund.
The good news is I have received reimbursement of my £135.
The bad news is that Barclays have made it clear that they may take it back once their enquiries are concluded.
However it proves that if like me you used a debit card for the deposit then, if you write using a modified version of the draft letter way back on this subject, it is possible to get a refund under the "Cashback" agreement.

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #308 on: August 10, 2019, 09:15:58 AM »
No reason for them to take it back, they’re just covering themselves if it turns out you’re lying!

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #309 on: August 10, 2019, 09:16:36 AM »
That's great news
Good to know that others are benifitting from other members reports of success.  :thumbsup:
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #310 on: August 10, 2019, 09:17:34 AM »
The bad news is that Barclays have made it clear that they may take it back once their enquiries are concluded.

I wouldn't be too worried about that, I think that's a standard "warning".  I had something similar when I had to claim money back for a cancelled/failed music festival.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Skyline2uk

• Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #311 on: August 10, 2019, 09:39:27 AM »

I wouldn't be too worried about that, I think that's a standard "warning".  I had something similar when I had to claim money back for a cancelled/failed music festival.

Agreed

We had a similar letter from NatWest when we got our money back for Mrs Skylines Wedding Dress when the shop went belly-up. Won’t use a debit card again though!

Incidentally NatWest were superb, had the money back within 7 days.

Skyline2uk

Offline REGP

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19246
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2019, 11:16:46 AM »
I have recently received a refund of my deposit on a King which I paid by NatWest credit card.

It also included a similar rider so it looks like it’s standard practise, it reads:

“DJ MODELS LTD may provide more details about the disputed payment(s). This could lead to the temporary refund(s) paid to your account being reversed.

If you do not hear from us by 29 September 2019 the refund will remain in your account.”

Pity I just spent it on an Osborns  Crane.

Ray

Offline Cape Town Trev

• N Gauge Society Number: 7499
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: August 19, 2019, 12:41:46 PM »
As you'll probably gather from my moniker, I'm in Cape Town.
I lodged a refund request for one class 92 yesterday.  Just got a reply:
"Card issuing banks are bound by procedures, rules and time frames as determined by Visa/MasterCard International, in which disputed transactions may be addressed.

Should a dispute not be reported within the time frames as specified by Visa/MasterCard International, the card issuing bank may not be able to render any assistance to the cardholder in terms of resolving the dispute.

Please confirm when you were supposed to receive service or goods from the merchant as our records show that the disputed transaction date is 13 March 2017."

I have two queries: 1. Any evidence I can get as to expected delivery? and 2. What was the total price for an N gauge sound fitted class 92 - Caledonian Sleeper? Their next question maybe value of the total transaction.

Thanks in anticipation.

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #314 on: August 19, 2019, 01:36:08 PM »
As you'll probably gather from my moniker, I'm in Cape Town.
I lodged a refund request for one class 92 yesterday.  Just got a reply:
"Card issuing banks are bound by procedures, rules and time frames as determined by Visa/MasterCard International, in which disputed transactions may be addressed.

Should a dispute not be reported within the time frames as specified by Visa/MasterCard International, the card issuing bank may not be able to render any assistance to the cardholder in terms of resolving the dispute.

Please confirm when you were supposed to receive service or goods from the merchant as our records show that the disputed transaction date is 13 March 2017."

I have two queries: 1. Any evidence I can get as to expected delivery? and 2. What was the total price for an N gauge sound fitted class 92 - Caledonian Sleeper? Their next question maybe value of the total transaction.

Thanks in anticipation.
Hi Trev,
As far as the timescales, DJ Models only declared their situation in June this year so at your earliest convenience, since realising you were not getting the Class 92, you have requested a refund.
I received my refund for a deposit on a King, which really makes no difference. With regards to delivery date, I simply explained that the deposit was 50% of the final price which would be paid when the model was ready for dispatch. I was able to show this by accessing the website pages and printing off the relevant paperwork. Hopefully you can do likewise for your 92.
Regards Dennis.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal