!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The end of DJ Models?  (Read 24379 times)

Offline jmupton2000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25462
    • Awards
Re: The end of DJ Models?
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2019, 11:56:40 PM »
It comes as no surprise that the 7pm announcement never turned up (as at time of writing, nearly midnight!)

To use the (printable) train crew official terminology:

'What a shambles!!'

Offline 5944

• N Gauge Society Number: 9265
    • Twitter
    • My Flickr
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2019, 12:42:21 AM »
It is an interesting thought, but even having shed the liabilities I am not sure I understand what assets have value and are worth saving via a pre-pack Admin, certainly not the name or goodwill.

I would guess the existing completed models just as the OO gauge J94, the mermaids etc are all valuable as the owner could bash out fresh production runs quite easily. Whether there are any ownership issues ala Class 17, I do not know. But in theory those assets have value and could be of interest to potential buyers.
When was the last DJ product produced? There are literally hundreds of liveries the Austerities could be made in, yet none have appeared. It's been months since anything new came from the factory, but more and more models were being promised. Actually, has it been a couple of years since the 14xx appeared. Anything since?

Offline Bingley Hall

• N Gauge Society Number: 21700
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2019, 03:31:01 AM »
It comes as no surprise that the 7pm announcement never turned up (as at time of writing, nearly midnight!)

To use the (printable) train crew official terminology:

'What a shambles!!'
I can find nowhere where Dave Jones has said that he was making any announcement. All we have is a third party on another forum in a highly speculative environment saying they were 'told' there would be announcement.

I read it on the internet so it must be true  :laugh3:

Offline Paul-H

• N Gauge Society Number: 27678
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2019, 08:55:15 AM »
Interesting to note that their website is still taking deposits, should that not have been one of the first things the insolvency company shut down, surly that is now fraud?
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2019, 08:57:21 AM »
The website cannot take money. The ordering process stops before the payment gateway. No fraud....but who would want to order anyway?
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline Bingley Hall

• N Gauge Society Number: 21700
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2019, 09:49:52 AM »
Interesting to note that their website is still taking deposits, should that not have been one of the first things the insolvency company shut down, surly that is now fraud?
Are you sticking by that statement - despite the fact it's already been posted and answered twice in the thread already.

Given that it's already been clearly established that Mr Jones' web site is NOT taking money, surly that is now defamation?  :D

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2019, 10:06:51 AM »

I can find nowhere where Dave Jones has said that he was making any announcement. All we have is a third party on another forum in a highly speculative environment saying they were 'told' there would be announcement.

To be fair Phil Parker isn't just a bloke on RMWeb - he's one of the senior moderator team, and works for Warner Group Publications (who produce BRM etc).

Clearly his source was (theoretically) accurate. Still nothing this morning though.

Offline Snowwolflair

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2019, 10:55:51 AM »

To be fair Phil Parker isn't just a bloke on RMWeb - he's one of the senior moderator team, and works for Warner Group Publications (who produce BRM etc).

Clearly his source was (theoretically) accurate. Still nothing this morning though.

His concern must be guilt about the poor way they moderated the RMweb over many years allowing the Trolls to undermine the DJ models business, since it was formed. 

The main organ of anti DJ Models rhetoric has been RMweb postings, something commented on before on this forum.

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2019, 11:00:32 AM »
The moderating team that banned you for being racist? You may not be wholly impartial in your assessment of them! I have no issues with their moderation. ;)

As I've already said, there are a few people who seem to just deliberately troll Dave's threads, but actually the vast majority of people simply raised legitimate concerns in my opinion. Dave was not brought down by a few naysayers on a forum.

Online acko22

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR - HONOURING THE PAST, HELPING TODAY
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2019, 11:07:14 AM »

His concern must be guilt about the poor way they moderated the RMweb over many years allowing the Trolls to undermine the DJ models business, since it was formed. 

Really?? So its the fault of RMweb and people who dont trust him that this has happened? I am certain others have face sceptisim on there and they arent do to badly!
Maybe and more realistic is people had been stung by his previous ventures and had no trust from the start which, frankly they have been proven right by!
How many announcements had he made that proved to be nothing but hot air and wishful thinking?

It appears that the insolvency company have been busy today and contacted all the shows that DJM were committed to and withdrawn from them.

Well this makes sense that of they are acting point of contact and now control DJM they will also have ownership of the website and Mr. Jones will not be allowed to make a statement on there, although we may see something through other less official means. But we shall wait and see.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 11:08:19 AM by acko22 »

Offline broadsword

• Awards
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2019, 11:09:30 AM »
Like DJ Models, I think this thread is going off the rails....

Offline Snowwolflair

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2019, 11:14:22 AM »
The moderating team that banned you for being racist? You may not be wholly impartial in your assessment of them! I have no issues with their moderation. ;)

As I've already said, there are a few people who seem to just deliberately troll Dave's threads, but actually the vast majority of people simply raised legitimate concerns in my opinion. Dave was not brought down by a few naysayers on a forum.

Yes, I warned that Chinese companies do not trade to the same commercial standards as we do and to be careful.

Remember the HSBC TV adverts telling their customer they could help them when they have to trade in different countries, no more racist than that.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2019, 11:27:02 AM »
Yes, I warned that Chinese companies do not trade to the same commercial standards as we do and to be careful.

That may be your experience, but that certainly isn't our experience.  The factories and designers we work with are incredibly professional and work to exactly the same commercial standards that we would.

I don't know if that is a case of times changing or different sectors, but there are bad apples in all walks of life.

Cheers Mike

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2019, 11:29:51 AM »
Thanks, Mike.

Positive comment!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Snowwolflair

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2019, 11:31:08 AM »

That may be your experience, but that certainly isn't our experience.  The factories and designers we work with are incredibly professional and work to exactly the same commercial standards that we would.

I don't know if that is a case of times changing or different sectors, but there are bad apples in all walks of life.

Cheers Mike

Mike

I think you have been lucky especially as your first exposure was through Revolution as I recall and the path was smooth.

You cannot get away from the fundamental fact that Chinese commercial law is different and that Chinese companies use it to the full, just as we use our commercial law to the full.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal