!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Now Railway Modelling makes it into The Spectator  (Read 271 times)

Online Buffin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27205
    • Awards
Now Railway Modelling makes it into The Spectator
« on: December 13, 2019, 08:09:04 PM »
Richard Bratby has an elegant two page spread in the new Spectator (if you're browsing in Smiths, it's pages 36-37) with a nice shot of "Umbridge N Gauge layout" as seen at Warley. The hobby's popping up so often lately (though I'm not sure it featured in any of the leaders' debates; so much the worse for them).

(We could speculate what layout each leader might build that would reflect their personality - were that not too political for this forum.  :no: )

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/12/dont-tell-me-model-railways-arent-art-my-little-engine-is-a-thing-of-spirit-and-beauty/

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Now Railway Modelling makes it into The Spectator
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 08:17:55 PM »
Just seen that linked on RMWeb, a nicely written article!

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 08:45:54 PM »
That was beautifully written and a rare positive and 'grown up' reflection of our hobby, these lines summed up what we do beautifully for me

"years of creativity, care and quiet pleasure"

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 08:52:14 PM »
(We could speculate what layout each leader might build that would reflect their personality - were that not too political for this forum.  :no: )

:idea: Boris would have a Eurostar themed, End-to-..., er, End-to-Nowhere layout. Jeremy would have a Eurostar themed, Roundy-Roundy layout. Jo Swinson wouldn't have a layout, but would scrap RevolutioN's forthcoming KUA.

:goodbye: I'll get my coat.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Witts End

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 10:47:22 AM »

:idea: Boris would have a Eurostar themed, End-to-..., er, End-to-Nowhere layout. Jeremy would have a Eurostar themed, Roundy-Roundy layout. Jo Swinson wouldn't have a layout, but would scrap RevolutioN's forthcoming KUA.

Would Jeremys be OO or a very large O?

Online emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 11:18:32 AM »

I was going to berate you for being political, but dang, that was funny.

;D
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP