!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: K-type Pullman  (Read 426 times)

Offline Stuart Down Under

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3354
    • Awards
K-type Pullman
« on: April 13, 2019, 12:57:06 AM »
Hi Revolution!

If you are searching about for a new project, how about a K-type Pullman Brake second? I have tried to bash a couple together to go with a rake of the excellent Farish Mk1 Pullmans, but I can't reach a high enough standard. Everyone who has purchased the Farish models can justify at least a couple, so the market should be there, and if they go well, you could look at other K-types!

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: K-type Pullman
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 01:06:57 AM »
I got all excited when I saw the subject 'K-type Pullman' :bounce: on the board 'RevolutioN Trains' :bounce:

:'( I thought it was an announcement.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Stuart Down Under

• N Gauge Society Number: 3354
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 01:18:14 AM »
 :dunce: I am so sorry, Railgooner. However, if there are enough posts like ours, then maybe one day there will be an announcement! Apologies to everyone. I am sure that the moderators will move this to a more appropriate part of the board.
 :sorrysign:

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 12:34:16 PM »
We've briefly considered k-type pullmans previously but they definitely fall well outside our area of knowledge!

Ideally for coaches our feeling is that rather than just offer one type in isolation that it is better to plan for variants from the start then you have the option of producing just the most popular variants or offering as wide a selection as possible.

If anyone wants to put together some photos and if possible outline drawings or highlight if any still exist then that is all the sort of thing that helps build a case for a model to be considered (like the Class B tanks).

Cheers Mike

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 12:59:36 PM »
:dunce: I am so sorry, Railgooner. However, if there are enough posts like ours, then maybe one day there will be an announcement! Apologies to everyone. I am sure that the moderators will move this to a more appropriate part of the board.
 :sorrysign:

No probs Stuart. :thumbsup: K-type and GWR clerestory would be very much Rule #1 for me. They are different enough to make them interesting and all the more appealing for it.

Most of my collection is a century later than Birdcage stock. But I'll have to get a set. And then I'll probably have to get a loco to suit! Rule #1.

However I have no interest in any of the above beyond their quirky aesthetic appeal. So I'm never going to be able to help prepare a case for them. :beers:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline CarriageShed

• N Gauge Society Number: 24383
  • Beechinged 1981-2013
    • Ebay
    • Twitter
    • The History Files
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 01:52:46 PM »
K-Type Parlour firsts and thirds plus 12-wheeled H-Type Parlour Thirds would certainly interest me - that's the Bournemouth Belle in 1931.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £61.00
Below Goal: £39.00
Site Currency: GBP
61% 
October Donations

Advertise Here