A British domestic train from Kato? 800 series available from May 2021

Started by woodbury22uk, February 09, 2019, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

I have put mine on the track and taken it off a couple of times following the instructions and all worked fine. the couplings are the same as the replacement ones I use on the Eurostars, you just have to be firm with them, a quick tug was all it took.

Trainfish

I agree. Just pull them apart whilst still on the track. You may feel a little resistance but that's understandable otherwise they would be coming apart by themselves whilst running. Don't lift the ends up to uncouple.
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Rabbitaway

Thanks Guys

I tried again but this time with a little jolt rather than a steady pull and this seems to work. I wanted to be very careful not to break something.

:thumbsup:

rusticged

Hi All

I have put a short video together showing the Azuma and a TPX Class 802 which has been converted using the ElectraRail vinyls. I also run 2 Azumas coupled together.
Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/6wEaLix0z60

Cheers,
Ged.
Rusticged

Layout: 'Leefield & Ashpeth'
Modelling Freelance British outline from the 1960s to the Present day.

Adam1701D

B
Quote from: rusticged on June 21, 2021, 04:20:22 PM
Hi All

I have put a short video together showing the Azuma and a TPX Class 802 which has been converted using the ElectraRail vinyls. I also run 2 Azumas coupled together.
Here is the link:

Cheers,
Ged.

Brilliant video, Ged. Mind if I link to it from the Electra website and FB Page?
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

rusticged

Rusticged

Layout: 'Leefield & Ashpeth'
Modelling Freelance British outline from the 1960s to the Present day.

Hightower

Got my LNER starter set, which is great. The train looks awesome and I'm very impressed with the Kato track and controller which at last has given me a test track for other stuff.

No decoders though, and it does sound like it will be an October ETA for them. Don't want to wait that long to run it on the main layout, so I've managed to get a motor decoder on its own, which should be with me in a few days. My question is, will it cause any problems running the train without the directional light decoders?

Mark

osborns

we have the Kato light decoders but a shortage of motor decoders.

Graham

Quote from: rusticged on June 21, 2021, 04:20:22 PM
Hi All

Here is the link:

Cheers,
Ged.

Another smashing video Ged. Thanks for sharing.

cheers
Graham

Steven B

Quote from: Hightower on June 21, 2021, 10:44:43 PM
My question is, will it cause any problems running the train without the directional light decoders?

Probably not but you would have both red and white lights on at the same time and they could be very bright depending on your track Voltage.

Assuming you can't track some down then I'd slip some paper or thin between the electrical contacts so they don't work.

Steven B.

Shropshire Lad

There does seem to have been an underestimation of how many of these will run on DCC. I was looking around last week for my Azuma and bought an ICE4  decoder pack. Just need to pull my finger out and load the Youchoos sounds on it!
Cheers Colin

RailGooner

Agreed Colin. From my view, both the models and decoders seem to be selling really well. I wonder what Mr Kato's view is like?

Graham

Also waiting for my decoders, just been told by Kernow they are waiting on Gaugemaster to deliver.

Have the 2 800's but can't run them on the layout, only the test track.

Newportnobby

I seem to recall reading (maybe in this very thread) that DCC is nowhere near as popular in Japan as it is in the UK so it's reasonable to surmise the demand has caught people on the hop. Let's hope the lesson has been learnt for the next UK outline model from Kato which folks will want (Mr. Kato!!!)

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Hightower on June 21, 2021, 10:44:43 PM
Got my LNER starter set, which is great. The train looks awesome and I'm very impressed with the Kato track and controller which at last has given me a test track for other stuff.

No decoders though, and it does sound like it will be an October ETA for them. Don't want to wait that long to run it on the main layout, so I've managed to get a motor decoder on its own, which should be with me in a few days. My question is, will it cause any problems running the train without the directional light decoders?

Mark

For safety's sake to run on DCC without lighting decoders, turn off the switch under each driving cab car as you would if running the unit as a ten car set with no lights on the centre two driving cab cars. Information is in the instructions under the section on running in multiple.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%