!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Flippin' retailers.  (Read 860 times)

Offline honk843

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 1800
    • Awards
Re: Flippin' retailers.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 10:28:34 PM »
Neither did Bournemouth until 1967 or so. Seems to co-inside with the repainting of the Brighton Belle to Blue/Grey.

Offline mickeyflinn

• N Gauge Society Number: 21893
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 06:26:44 AM »
There was a post yesterday by @nookfield (https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=44355.msg552312#msg552312).
I've now got a maroon ended BR inspection saloon on its way to me - I didn't need it as I've already got the black ended NGS one, but this is the one I really wanted but missed out when they produced it.
Oh, and I ordered some more track and rail joiners whilst I was at it ready for the construction of my layout that might be starting sometime this year!!!

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 08:40:53 AM »
My problem is that I have to sell at least two locos to be able to buy one new one , Still itís sorting out the impulse buys that I could afford when I was working .
I think the government  as well as a winter payment should give us pensioners a HOBBY BONUS now and again that would help ,I think when we have the next general election I will have to ask which party will agree to that .
Bob Tidbury

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 08:49:16 AM »
give us pensioners a HOBBY BONUS now and again that would help

Could be be quite costly. But, think of the money that would be saved overall - pensioners keeping active, both physically and mentally so less dependence on the NHS. I am sure there would be other benefits to the general economy as well.  :thumbsup:  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 01:31:42 PM »
I resisted the Hornby Bournemouth Belle first time around and, despite being informed Hattons are taking pre-orders for it, I must and will resist again. It's completely out of my modelled location which has no third rail facility but it is in the right era. Oh damn, I've just made a reason for getting one but, no, I must resist resist resist resist

Its out of my area as well, so is the Midland Pullman...  But I have both now!!  Now I am resisting that damn GT3 if it ever happens..
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
282% 
August Donations