!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Uncoupling Dapol Easyshunt couplers with Neodym Magnets  (Read 180 times)

Offline McRuss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18877
    • Isle of Skye Railway
    • Awards
Uncoupling Dapol Easyshunt couplers with Neodym Magnets
« on: January 25, 2019, 06:48:38 PM »
Inspired by some trials of a friend of mine, I started my own test with Dapol Easyshunt couplers and neodym magners. Because of the curved nature of my terminus station I had to do some trials for the right arrangement of the possition for the magnets, which I show you in the video. Before another friend of mine installed the Dapol uncouplers, but these wasn't reliable, as very light wagons as one of my kitbuilt Lowfits was pulled towards the magnets, and another magnet installed in the throughtrack of a station resulted a train to uncouple when it passed the station. The magnes I used have a diameter of 2mm, and fits between the sleepers of my Peco track. I also found out recently that you could couple Rollingstock with Dapol Easyshunt couplers and Rollingstock with Microtrains couplers, and or Kato magnetic couplers together.
The result could be seen here.

Markus
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:05:00 PM by McRuss »

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
127% 
April Donations

Advertise Here