!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hattons and Farish  (Read 2533 times)

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Hattons and Farish
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2019, 03:02:26 PM »
Kernow were unbelievable on the price of stuff i bought of them last week. I was more then pleasantly surprised!!

Will they be under any obligation to price match? Basically if you haven't got an item in stock and can see no time soon as to when your going to receive (ie Hattons) you Can offer an item at 50p knowing you can't honour that because you have no stock. The same way the others can argue
We can't price match because their pricing doesn't reflect their current stock.

Obviously unknown until I ask but just thinking out loud.

Definitely no obligation to price match! Entirely at the discretion of the retailer, even if Hatton’s (or a.n.other retailer) have stock they can sell for whatever they want to. I’d not be surprised if KMRC did though, and their prices are good. Collett’s Models too, very good prices. Hatton’s are often not cheapest IME.

Is this any different to Gaugemaster selling their own GM Collection range and also supplying this range to other model shops (class 73s, 66s, etc in N, Terriers in O, and various wagons in the three scales) albeit they are made by Dapol for GM?

Those are just commissions though, and although KMRC have also gone down the manufacturer route they’ve not done anything in direct competition with Bachmann.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:03:40 PM by njee20 »

Online zopadooper

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2019, 03:39:47 PM »
The VAT rules on second-hand goods are such that Hattons are losing out if they are deducting 20% off pre-owned goods

Unless the vendor is operating under a VAT margin scheme, the same VAT rules apply to second hand goods as to new ones.

I agree but they would be foolish not to.

Online nookfield

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2019, 04:08:40 PM »
Rails keep good numbers but I detest their website, type in the EXACT item you want and then spend 20mins trawling through stuff that is of no use to me.  :veryangry:

search using the catalogue number. It will come first in the list

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2019, 06:21:10 PM »
Annoying if there’s a range (different running numbers or whatever). The Rails search is disastrous, I’d buy far more from them if they could sort their indexing.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £250.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £175.00
Below Goal: £75.00
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
February Donations

Advertise Here