!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Bellshill Branch  (Read 452 times)

Online chrism

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • The Coniston Railway
    • Awards
Re: Bellshill Branch
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 11:06:14 AM »
That is most impressive, and very, very GW.  :thumbsup:

Thanks, it is GWR heavy but need to research which other of the big 4 would of overlapped to add some variety

Whereabouts are you setting the layout as the only Bellshill I can find is in Lanarkshire and the only Glanmire I can find is in Co. Cork :confused2:

That allows scope for the Portpatrick-Larne Bridge - the model of which will probably be finished considerably earlier than the real one, if it ever comes to fruition  :D

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 11:09:26 AM »
That is most impressive, and very, very GW.  :thumbsup:

Thanks, it is GWR heavy but need to research which other of the big 4 would of overlapped to add some variety

Whereabouts are you setting the layout as the only Bellshill I can find is in Lanarkshire and the only Glanmire I can find is in Co. Cork :confused2:

That allows scope for the Portpatrick-Larne Bridge - the model of which will probably be finished considerably earlier than the real one, if it ever comes to fruition  :D

But, if so, why so GW orientated? Like the OP I'd like to know where it fits with maybe other railway companies. :hmmm:

Offline fastpud

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 11:57:09 AM »

Well you got one correct,  it is the Cork station on Glanmire road that is the source inspiration for the Main Line station although with each redesign it is moving further and further away from it!
Bellshill just is a townland in Co Carlow where my family have a summer cottage. There is no railway in that area at all - I just liked the link with family. The small halt is going to be called Tinahealy and there is village with that name near Bellshill.

Fastpud

Offline fastpud

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2020, 09:35:55 PM »
Hi fastpud,

Love the vid, great stuff, not jealous at all  ;) and looking forward to more.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Thanks for the nice comment :)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2020, 07:43:01 AM »
Great video  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline fastpud