!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

Would you be interested in helping to Crowdfund a Catfish engineering ballast hooper?

Yes, I'd pledge for 1 or 2.
7 (12.1%)
Yes I'd pledge for 3 or 4.
20 (34.5%)
Yes I'd pledge for 5-10.
20 (34.5%)
Yes I'd pledge for more than 10.
0 (0%)
No, I wouldn't support this model.
11 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: February 06, 2019, 04:20:26 PM

Author Topic: Catfish - Crowdfunding Suggestion for Revolution Trains &/or Sonic Models  (Read 1512 times)

Online GScaleBruce

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Hillhead & Dales Light Railway blog
    • Awards
Re: Catfish - Crowdfunding Suggestion for Revolution Trains &/or Sonic Models
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 06:21:12 PM »
Three or four in olive green would find their way onto Peterhampton Junction, I'm sure. I'd love to see any photos of them on the Southern Region - I haven't found any yet - and I do realise from the earlier posts that this may be optimistic...
Bruce
My layout - Steinheim am Main

Online NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 05:34:01 AM »
Bump.

Polling closes 6th February.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.

“Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends, but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.”

We're not crazy, or insane, we're just people living with a condition.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 12:59:04 PM »
At present you have pledges for between 140 and 260 wagons. Has the question been asked anywhere else e.g. RMWeb and, if so, what sort of numbers do you think you have overall so far?

Online NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 03:52:26 PM »
Final Bump .
PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.

“Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends, but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.”

Offline bluedepot

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 04:05:21 PM »
good idea for a new wagon

new sealions might be a good seller too

Tim

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 04:54:56 PM »
I don't know how we can encourage greater use of the polls on here, but they have the potential to be really useful so it is disappointing that Scott's poll has only had about 60 responses!

If Dapol's dogfish is right for you then the catfish is a perfect companion as they pretty much ran in the same rakes for a lot of their life. I'm assuming that Dapol's dogfish sold OK.

Cheers Mike

Online NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 05:02:15 PM »
In fairness, Mike, I just looked at the 35T Tanker poll, and it only got 67 respondents.....

That said, it’s still disappointing considering the number of NGF members.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 05:03:48 PM by NGS-PO »

Offline Skyline2uk

• Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 12:24:26 PM »
Completely missed this poll

Would have been in for at least a triple pack, preferably in Dutch. These would be added to my Dogfish, Sealion, Seacow, Gampus, Salmon (kit in the works), Shark (kit in the works) and of course Sturgeon (can’t wait for those).

Skyline2uk

Online emjaybee

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 12:56:59 PM »
Polls on here seem to be odd things.

Some while back I had a crack at a poll on 'The Twins'. It was a bit amateur 'ish in that I like them, they always come in the top 2 or 3 in the 'wish list' polls and I didn't think about researching their depth, scope, time frame etc.

It got limited responses, to the point of about 80 theoretical units.

Yet, if you ran the wish list polls in the internet again, a pound to a penny they'd be in the top 3...    ...again.

I'm also pretty sure that if someone manufactured them and put them up for sale they'd probably shift 1,500 of them, yet the NGF poll indicates otherwise. Much like the poll at the same time for Falcon or Kestrel or whatever it was.

Go figure!

:hmmm:

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2019, 01:10:27 PM »
At present you have pledges for between 140 and 260 wagons. Has the question been asked anywhere else e.g. RMWeb and, if so, what sort of numbers do you think you have overall so far?

This question was not answered. The issue with a single forum like this is despite having 6500 or so members how many actually are actively involved? Far less than 5% I'll guess at.
I still think the Catfish would be a winner but realise you're after a more accurate response than that

Online NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 01:34:23 PM »
Apologies Mick, for not responding to this. I must have missed it.

It was only run here. In the past, notably with the Falcon poll, I attempted to advertise on other platforms and was met with such comments as "You'll never get enough interest" and the old chestnut "You could always try and do some real modelling and build a kit/kitbash instead of wanting everything on a plate" etc.  My state of mind lately does not fancy going down that road again.

From memory I didn't advertise the 35T Tankers anywhere else either.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 02:03:47 PM »
Just to give a bit of context, when we've done expressions of interest (not always necessary) for wagons we've typically had interest in 2000-3000+ wagons, for the latest powered offering (APT-E) I can't remember the latest figure but it was high 100s (for something that we'd only expect most people to buy 1 of).

This is absolutely no criticism of Scott who I thought put forward a very compelling case (and he knows I'm convinced that a Catfish would make a great model!). 

I'm just trying to understand why people don't vote in these sorts of polls/expressions of interest - if you're not interested in a model of the prototype I can understand not responding but I don't believe that only 47 people are interested in a Catfish - regardless of who produces a model and when, it is a great way of demonstrating that there would be a market for such a model.

Cheers, Mike

Offline Thorpe Parva

• N Gauge Society Number: 21786
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 02:15:29 PM »
I pledged for the 5-10 option above. I was also one of the Posters on the Catfish thread on the Dapol Digest website. Hard to believe that this was 2.5 years ago. I'm also convinced that a re-run of the Dapol Dogfish would be popular; I would certainly take half a dozen.

Offline Fardap

• N Gauge Society Number: 26027
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 03:47:11 PM »
Just to give a bit of context, when we've done expressions of interest (not always necessary) for wagons we've typically had interest in 2000-3000+ wagons, for the latest powered offering (APT-E) I can't remember the latest figure but it was high 100s (for something that we'd only expect most people to buy 1 of).

This is absolutely no criticism of Scott who I thought put forward a very compelling case (and he knows I'm convinced that a Catfish would make a great model!). 

I'm just trying to understand why people don't vote in these sorts of polls/expressions of interest - if you're not interested in a model of the prototype I can understand not responding but I don't believe that only 47 people are interested in a Catfish - regardless of who produces a model and when, it is a great way of demonstrating that there would be a market for such a model.

Cheers, Mike

Maybe we need a polls section and maybe someone can offer a prize for one random entry in the poll - people always do something to get the chance of something for free...
Another society (theatre) I am involved in proved this by seeing how many more emails were read when the subject contained the word FREE in it, even if there wasn't anything of significance...

Steve

Offline bees

• N Gauge Society Number: 28138
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 09:54:35 AM »
My personal opinion, I do respond to these Polls, but only if it's something I know in the 1st place (I do think the pictures help to give some context) and if it's something I am definitely interested in.
If I see the word FREE in an email I ALWAYS  scroll straight past it.

Thanks
Steven
I like to start each day the same, sit up and take a deep breath!
First objective for the day achieved, woohoo!!!

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £66.00
Below Goal: £34.00
Site Currency: GBP
66% 
October Donations

Advertise Here