!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Suggestion for GWR large Prairie  (Read 921 times)

Offline chalfytich

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20410
  • 2mm Association Number: 4491
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion for GWR large Prairie
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 11:26:55 PM »
I've got a 70s Farish one and while they may be bulletproof, it runs nowhere near as well as a modern model should. Goes like a rocket but slow running isn't that good and almost all the Gradar stuff from that era rocked as it moved, probably because the quartering was out a bit. I was never able to improve the black 5. the panniers were the only exception with both the ones I had being good runners even after I hacked one around to make a 56XX. Anyway they are all put in a box now I have gone dcc and can't be bothered to convert them so a modern one would be most welcome.

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 11:29:53 PM »
Actually the China ones are better than the Poole ones, both in running and paint application, but if we have to have a new one.... could it please run well as well as look pretty? And not be stretched out of proportion one way or another?

Offline chalfytich

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20410
  • 2mm Association Number: 4491
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 11:32:49 PM »
I have the Farish version but would definitely be up for at least 1 new version, especially as you posted a pic mentioning Oxford which had several 61xx allocated in 1965 :D
I guess there'll be a few groans of "Not another GWR/WR loco" and, I have to admit, the Eastern region folks are quite hard done by.

I know there are a lot of GWR engines already being produced but there are a surprising number of omissions still. Apart from a large prairie it would be good to have a 42XX or 72XX tank as well. I always thought the 47XX was a nice looking beast and it's a shame nobody has produced a model of that as well. Hopefully the DJM King will come to fruition and then the mogul.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £69.00
Below Goal: £31.00
Site Currency: GBP
69% 
October Donations

Advertise Here