!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: GWR Aberdare Update  (Read 189 times)

Offline GoesWhenReady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Swindon Style
    • Awards
GWR Aberdare Update
« on: December 23, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »
A few years ago I'd begun a N gauge GWR Aberdare double frame locomotive. Simply put, this did not turn out as hoped. Lack of materials to make an adequate working chassis meant the first attempt went quite poorly. It simply wasn't possible to machine working cranks at such small scale - at least not by scratch and with what little materials I had to go by. For a while I simply kept the finished body in storage.

Eventually earlier this Summer I did get around to completing what I'd begun as a display model that could still be used on a layout. I'm not really disappointed as the final results look nice (for a kitbash at least), and it can still go alongside operating locos as scenic display. As for a layout I'm presently looking at a smaller diorama due to lack of space but as long as there's some little piece of line for the locos to reside on I'll be content for the time being. Model building is fun and I do apologize for not getting around to much with N gauge. That said I do still have the Grafar Pannier and a fleet of freight stock so I've got something to begin with.

With all that, I do intend to keep up what I've begun. Progress really depends on how much time and resources there are but I intend to stick around here for a while.

Would upload a photo but am having problems with the photo uploader so will try again later.
Modelling the GWR in N - slowly but surely.

Offline Jollybob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22210
  • WD fan in the heart of the GWR
    • Awards
Re: GWR Aberdare Update
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 12:10:35 PM »
Sounds like and interesting project, although quite a challenge?

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £315.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
105% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything