!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: private owners and limited editions  (Read 8268 times)

Offline Paddy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 10732
  • 2mm Association Number: N/A
    • Awards
Re: private owners and limited editions
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2020, 11:37:02 AM »
Hi Folks,

You may not have seen my posting:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=49052.new#new

Thought you would be interested in this new Limited Edition wagon.

Kind regards

Paddy

HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Offline madchadbrad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 6004
  • 2mm Association Number: 3293
  • These days I be mostly collectin' stuff
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • flickr Mad Chad Brad's Photostream
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2020, 06:31:11 PM »
An interesting thread, Paddy.
I acquired one of those insulated meat container wagons from AGR Models a while ago.
Over the years I have had a few models from OO scale reproduced for me in N-gauge by Robbie’s Rollingstock .... including some of the Bachmann Collectors club wagons that were produced before they started doing Graham Farish versions as well.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjKCwjWD
VBR
Chas

Offline Paddy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 10732
  • 2mm Association Number: N/A
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2020, 07:05:11 PM »
Hi Chas ( @madchadbrad )

Some lovely wagons - shame Bachmann, PECO, DAPOL did not generate more of these.  I am sure they would be popular with Collectors and Modellers?

Kind regards

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Offline madchadbrad

• Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2020, 12:35:45 PM »
This just in from Maurice Pearce @ Osborns Models:
 “Hi Guys
a heads up on a new Peco N wagon. Limited issue 250 units click here https://www.osbornsmodels.com/nr-p428-peco-7---plank-wagon-gellyceidrim-collieries-co-ltd-49343-p.asp
nr-p428.png
regards
Maurice”

Good to see Peco ramping up production once again!
VBR
Chas

Offline chrisgy

• Awards
« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2020, 07:51:23 PM »
My Wagon Yard order arrived yesterday. Currently Dapol 7 planks are used and 12 liveries have been offered although one owner has 4 versions!. They are willing to consider new liveries and alternative numbers. I m delighted with the finish and a chance to get some new private owners. Moy is one from Eats Anglia. (Peco did Gardner of Norwich earlier in year). They also list other commissions and other makers wagons.
N Gauge Today has run several articles from me on collecting private owner wagons.

Offline madchadbrad

• Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2020, 08:46:16 PM »
Snap! Mine arrived today! Eight different private owners, as I couldn’t afford the four others which were just running number variants!
Very crisp livery reproduction. Photos on my Flickr account: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk3Q2u3a
A great start for the cottage industry but probably rathe4 a lot of hard work to get them produced!!!
VBR
Chas

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2020, 03:55:48 PM »
Wagon Yard First Anniversary Wagon

"June marked the first anniversary of The Wagon Yard and to celebrate we have been working on a new wagon and it will be released later this month. It will be our first 20T steel mineral wagon and will be available in N gauge. The first wagons are in production now and as soon as we have photos they will be released on our website, we will keep you all posted."

Wagon Yard are also going to create a database of Private Owner wagons -

"As an avid collector of N gauge plank wagons I am always interested in information regarding limited editions - who commissioned them, when they were released, how many were made etc. There are some really good sources of information out there but many are incomplete and there is always the question of the best way to compile the information. Is alphabetical by wagon name best, by location or by manufacturer? Well this really depends on your point of view or area of interest and so we have decided (with the help of fellow enthusiasts and collectors) to try to put together a definitive list of limited edition wagons.

The intention is then to have the list available in different forms on our website to enable interested parties to access the information based on their own priority. For example a list by location, a list by manufacturer, a list by era, a list by wagon type etc.

To our N gauge collectors would you please be able to assist with the following information -

Michael Martin of West Wales Wagon Works produced a wonderful array of N gauge limited edition wagons over a number of years, his contribution to railway modelling was hugely significant and highly valued by so many collectors and enthusiasts.
My collection only includes West Wales pristine plank wagons, so if anyone has the N gauge West Wales Wagon Works gunpowder vans and steel mineral wagons in pristine please could you tell me -

-  how many were produced? and in what year?  This information can normally be found on the limited edition sticker on the reverse of the original boxes.

Anyone with any West Wales Wagon Works weathered limited edition wagons (all wagon types) please could you tell me -

-  which wagons were released as weathered versions? how many were produced? and in what year?

Any information would be hugely appreciated, thank you in advance. The full list as it stands at the moment can be found on our blog page on the website and different versions will be added shortly (updates will be added regularly and if anyone spots any errors please do let me know).
"
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2020, 04:33:29 PM »
I would have thought the ability to search by brand name might also be a help e.g. by entering 'Hershey' into a US site it brings up every type of wagon with pics, details etc carrying the Hershey brand :hmmm:

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2020, 02:14:35 PM »
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 02:15:43 PM by dannyboy, Reason: added a bit »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline chrisgy

• Awards
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2020, 07:40:33 PM »
NEW wagon from Peco (NR-P 1016) is a promotional by WSR (west Somerset Rly) £18.95 inc p+p

Medway Queen has also issued 2 GPVs

Yesterday I found a photo of the new Wagon Yard Wagon (as 7plank) on Yarmouth Quay.Odd wagon as has 2 different side liveries as prototype. Also found the Moy wagons there. An interesting idea from Wagon YArd.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal