New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol Hymek 35 dummy  (Read 1479 times)

Offline 1936ace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22564
    • Awards
Dapol Hymek 35 dummy
« on: February 29, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »
Has anyone bought one of these, i have been told by sig box there is no power pick ups,lights or sockets inside BUT hattons have said yes saying there is a 6pin socket after they opened one up.
How can one shop say no while aother says yes, i was hoping to fit sound into the dummy so was seeing if anyone out there has actually purchased one to back up hattons version

Offline Dock Shunter

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Dapol Hymek 35 dummy
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 08:17:04 PM »
Has anyone bought one of these, i have been told by sig box there is no power pick ups,lights or sockets inside BUT hattons have said yes saying there is a 6pin socket after they opened one up.
How can one shop say no while aother says yes, i was hoping to fit sound into the dummy so was seeing if anyone out there has actually purchased one to back up hattons version

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=4130.msg46806#msg46806

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:17:11 AM »
It depends which one you have - the latest ones do the older ones have the brass strips but not the rest.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline robt857

• N Gauge Society Number: 16327
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »
I would be interested to know if the recent dummy hymek 2D-018-005 (D7072) has axles with gears.  I have an early Hymek D7066 with the large flanges on the wheels, which are not really suited to code 55 track.  I'm thinking it might be possible to buy the dummy loco and swap the axles over into the powered loco if they are geared. Any thoughts?

Regards

Rob

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 09:26:08 AM »
Hi Rob, and welcome to the forum :wave:

I have the following early Dapol Hymeks, use nothing but Peco code 55 track and have no problems at all:-

ND084G
ND084P
ND132 (dummy)

Dare I suggest the back to backs are out on yours? Are you suspecting a problem or experiencing one?
I've also run mine through Kato #4 points with no issues.

Offline robt857

• N Gauge Society Number: 16327
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 11:03:42 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

It is definitely the flanges which are the problem - I also have ND084G which has visibly smaller flanges.  I think it is well known that ND084A and ND084B had bigger flanges.

Regards

Rob

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £200.00
Above Goal: £145.00
Site Currency: GBP
364% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything