!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: My Layout: Fortham Yard and surrounds  (Read 299 times)

Offline CCGWR

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
My Layout: Fortham Yard and surrounds
« on: October 30, 2018, 07:41:02 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Ballasting on the mainline is pretty much done other than points in the mainline station. The era is BR blue, so 1970-80s although some rolling stock is 1990s (because I like it). The region isn't really fixed but is of a Western region flavour but I have a bit of stock like a large logo 37 and class 27 which rarely ran on the western region. Below are some photos (hope they view okay, it is my first time uploading photos).

The storage sidings are a bit of a mess at the moment, they will probably receive scenic treatment soonish.

East shot of the mainline station.

[/url

The track then loops over the bed where the track loops around (sorry pictures refused to load to the post). This area is still to be decided what happens as I want it covered. There was an end to end layout across the whole top and back but it was unreliable so it was dismantled and put into storage. For now it is a mess zone. I have considered a town with no railway connection but I don't know the interest factor in that as it is out in the sticks a bit.

I have also connected a blue light to the exterior lighting for a night scene (again photo would not load)

Will update with progress as I go but pretty busy with work so might not be that regular at the moment. Feel free to ask questions.

Regards Connor

Offline weave

• Awards
Re: My Layout: Fortham Yard and surrounds
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 08:08:26 AM »
Hi Connor,

All looking good.

Nice space you have there.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 08:16:28 AM »
That is a nice sized layout and is coming along nicely.
You have plenty of potential there so take your time deciding how to develop it.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »
Good to see a green diesel sneaking in there, Connor ;)

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything