!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: DJM GWR Mogul now taking expressions of interest.  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
Re: DJM GWR Mogul now taking expressions of interest.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 10:20:56 PM »
How does one express an interest in the 63xx Mogul on the DJM website?
I only see "BUY NOW" and "ADD TO BASKET" options neither of which seem appropriate as the model isn't available yet
Can any one explain?

Just add it to your basket as you would any other product. When you go to your basket, you will see that it is an expression of interest, rather than the loco itself and costs 0.00. Proceed to the checkout as normal and complete your (free) purchase.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:40:35 AM by Karhedron »
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Online ODRAILS

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 07:50:03 AM »
Just add it to your basket as you would any other product. When you go to your basket, you will see that it is an expression of interest, rather than the loco itself and costs 0.00. Proceed to the checkout as normal and complete your.......
Thanks !

Offline ten0G

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 03:49:00 PM »
It looks like I'll need three BR ones, two in black and one in green. 

Hopefully I can have one in black renumbered 5370 and lined as per the 'Orribly Oversize Bachmann 31-828

https://www.hattons.co.uk/9706/Bachmann_Branchline_31_828_Class_43xx_2_6_0_Mogul_5370_in_BR_lined_black_with_early_emblem/StockDetail.aspx

and the green one renumbered 4358 and lined as per 31-831

https://www.hattons.co.uk/23489/Bachmann_Branchline_31_831_Class_43xx_2_6_0_4358_in_BR_lined_green_with_early_emblem/StockDetail.aspx

5370 was one of only two Churchward-cabbed ones to receive the lined mixed traffic livery. 

4358 will look good double-heading with the restored version of City of Truro. 

Offline Karhedron

• N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 04:01:13 PM »
Technically I think the model Dave is producing is for the series 5390-7321. The ones you have selected both have earlier pattern boiler stays. Of course, they are your models. If you want a lined black Mogul then I think that 7313 (which was also lined) is correct for the specific sub-class that is being modelled.

4358 does look nice all lined-out like that. Was it one of the locos painted up for Royal train duty?
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline Wrinkly1

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2018, 04:21:40 PM »
Most of my childhood memories have this class in a colour I can only describe as "faded black". They didn't tend to warrant a great deal of attention from shed cleaners except on the rare occasion when they were on some sort of special duty. Pulling medium-sized freight trains on main lines, cross-country route semi fast passenger trains or doing banking duties didn't put them too near the front of the cleaning queue. ::)

Offline Ashio

• N Gauge Society Number: 26359
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 11:59:08 AM »
Ideally I'd like x2 with shirtbutton emblems, but that's not an option unfortunately. I need to consider if its worth buying two of the GWR versions and then remove and replace the transfers with shirtbuttons. My layout is Autumn 1938 so cant really get away with having the full Great Western on both tenders, and prob not likely on 1 to be honest. I shall ponder this and decide if its worth doing
Berescombe - 1930's fictional GWR build: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=31337.0

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2018, 12:11:19 PM »
Ideally I'd like x2 with shirtbutton emblems, but that's not an option unfortunately. I need to consider if its worth buying two of the GWR versions and then remove and replace the transfers with shirtbuttons. My layout is Autumn 1938 so cant really get away with having the full Great Western on both tenders, and prob not likely on 1 to be honest. I shall ponder this and decide if its worth doing
At least with brass plates its easy to change them. The shirtbutton is annoying, I can see that.
Bob

Offline ten0G

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 09:58:42 PM »
Technically I think the model Dave is producing is for the series 5390-7321. The ones you have selected both have earlier pattern boiler stays. Of course, they are your models. If you want a lined black Mogul then I think that 7313 (which was also lined) is correct for the specific sub-class that is being modelled.

4358 does look nice all lined-out like that. Was it one of the locos painted up for Royal train duty?

Thanks for your input, it's actually more noticeable on Hatton's photos which I hadn't looked at closely. 

With regard to 7313, her outside steam pipes weren't fitted until Aug '58, and I think it's possible that she would have been repainted in lined green at that point, so far I haven't found any photos to study. 

I think 4358 was prepared up for Royal train duty earlier in her life but have no idea of what that entailed or when. 

Anyway, basically it's back to plan 'A' which is one black and one for repainting in plain green like 6384.  Not knowing what DJM's paint finish is like means I'm not sure if it would be easier to repaint a black one or a green one. 

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+88)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2018, 10:07:00 PM »
Best ask advice from @paulprice as he's the one for painting perfectly good green locos into black ;)

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything