!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Irwell Valley Railway  (Read 22271 times)

Milton Rail and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Irwell Valley Railway
« Reply #765 on: July 04, 2020, 10:50:26 AM »
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:
Looking proper Pennine Chris, splendid modelling.
   regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Online lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #766 on: July 04, 2020, 01:06:13 PM »
Thanks everyone including Derek, Delboy and Mick comments much appreciated, maybe I am doing something write.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 01:11:06 PM by lil chris »
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

my old layout was East Lancashire Lines.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #767 on: July 04, 2020, 02:16:32 PM »
You definitely are doing things correctly Chris.
Itís looking really good.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #768 on: July 04, 2020, 02:28:00 PM »
Impressive ballasting with the brown shades realistic on the tracks leading from the tunnel over the viaduct chris

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #769 on: July 04, 2020, 03:26:56 PM »
Thanks Chris, the shades on the ballast was accidental, I gave the track another coat of sleeper grime after ballasting, and I have just added more ballast after to fill any gaps. Ballasting the viaduct has been problematic, after pulling the old track up it was not even.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #770 on: July 04, 2020, 03:29:36 PM »
It looks realistic though to me

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #771 on: July 04, 2020, 10:19:26 PM »
Hi everyone, I have been sorting the track again tonight, it is important to finish it has soon as. First I have worked on the track join from the viaduct, I had put a mix of ballast magic right upto the track join, but of course it needs to be free so I placed a piece of plastic in the track join then sprayed the ballast with water. To be sure I have also used a eye dropper with a mix of pva and water and a drop of washing up liquid and gone over the joint with that too, I also went over any troublesome spots on the viaduct and at the end.

I also have two new additions to my stock thanks to a friend on here, you know who you are. One of the coaches is "E"region which will go with a few others I also have. I have a few "E" region coaches so I can make up a train passing through to Blackpool from Yorkshire, I just need a Mk1 break/second/ coach eastern region to make up a full train. I also have a couple of "W" region coaches but I think I will just disguise the numbers on those with some appropiate dirt.

Lil Chris

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #772 on: July 05, 2020, 10:45:51 AM »
To be sure I have also used a eye dropper with a mix of pva and water

I just need a Mk1 break/second/ coach eastern region to make up a full train.

Have you suddenly gone Irish, Chris? :confused1:

PM sent about the coach ;)

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #773 on: Yesterday at 11:07:33 PM »
I have not done a lot yesterday, I was busy with a computer problem. I like playing computer games, I have played some for years I find it keeps my reaction times up to the mark. Anyway I saw a game I like going cheap on Steam so I bought it for about £12. I was into the game with having played about six hours and the sound packed in, can I get it working again......
Anyway re the railway, tonight I have tidied up around the track ballasting making sure there is no loose ballast. I then planted a few small trees and shrubs on the hill, then I made a start on painting the Pine trees. I had some difficulty getting the colour right, I started to paint them and soon realised they looked a bit pink. I had used burnt umber but it was well too brown so added white then I added some gray still not right so added some black, that looks better. I will try dry brushing some lighter colour down the trunks tomorrow, I have plenty of pics of pine trees to compare too. One thing I noticed from my pics they have a lot of branches low down the trunk with no foliage so I have cut some of the branches to suit on the Woodland Scenics pine trees along with twisting them a bit and trimming the plastic too. Hopefully tomorrow I can make a start on making a forrest, so pics to follow.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:23:14 PM by lil chris »
Lil Chris

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal