!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Treeton Junction - South Yorkshire in the early-mid 1980s  (Read 1100 times)

Offline MarshLane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 2mm Association Number: 5440
    • Awards
Re: Treeton Junction - South Yorkshire in the early-mid 1980s
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2020, 08:35:26 PM »
Good luck with the laptop situation Rich..

Backups are key, I do a bit of wildlife photography and lost quite a lot of images a few years back when a hard drive failed. Have auto backup now using the Mac Timemachine and also a cloner program for my photos..

Cheers Derek

Thanks Derek,
Im the same, the iMac is backed up on TimeMachine to an 12TB external drive, and as I'm a photographer - all of the images are handled the same way - I also use Backblaze which at 80 for two years with no limit on the amount of data that can be backed up, also gives a really good offsite option!

Rich

Offline MarshLane

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2020, 10:58:20 PM »
Evening all,
Well im making a bit of progress in that the parts for the new PC build have arrived, so task this weekend is to build it, and get it up and running.  Then I can get back to my Templot design.  I have managed to do a bit of work on another trial point build which is coming together quite well. I'll try and post some pictures later in the week. 

I have also acquired another two locomotives for the layout - only trouble is they seem to be early 1990s West Coast electrics, rather than 1980s South Yorkshire diesels....  :veryangry: :censored:  So not really sticking to my proposed game plan here as that now makes 2x56, 86, 87, 2x90 and 2x108s  :o  my credit card may also suggest I've committed to a couple of Class 26s ..... Maybe I've spent too long looking at old WCML/Scottish videos lately  :confusedsign:

Still this hobby is all about fun isn't it, I just really want to get some track down and enjoy it!

Rich

Offline degsy_safc

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2020, 11:06:47 PM »
Hi Rich,

Great to hear that the pc issues are coming to an end. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your layout and progress to date. Your stock is growing nicely, personally I need to start building up a collection too..

Good luck and have fun..

Cheers Derek
Cheers Derek

Offline MarshLane

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2020, 11:42:47 PM »
Thought I would pop a quick picture on, just to show things are moving forward.  The Class 87 and 90 arrived in the post this morning, unfortunately both were slightly damaged in transit, nothing that cannot be fixed, especially as I am going to detail each, but it has not detracted from two nice models. Need to put a couple of metre-lengths down and test them, but they look nice. 

The Virgin-liveried example I have had a for a while this one will be the first to be detailed, upgraded to DCC and have the wheel sets converted to 2mm Finescale.  I am also planning on doing a repaint into IC Mainline colours as part of that work, but whether I do that or send it off, is question I have yet to answer.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal