!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Globibahn SBB Layout  (Read 61678 times)

Offline Globibahn

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Living Room 1:160 DB Layout
« Reply #1740 on: March 16, 2020, 08:30:30 AM »
So my much anticipated trip to Austria/Germany/Switzerland in mid-April is literally the most doomed outing of all time!

It looks like I can a voucher back for my BA flights.

I've emailed OBB and DB pleading to get my money back on rail travel. Will keep you posted!  :'(

Offline swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1741 on: March 16, 2020, 09:27:59 AM »
Good luck Matt.
Because you are unable to complete your journey due to official border closures you might at least be given the option of travelling at a later date.
John

Offline Gizzy

• Awards
« Reply #1742 on: March 16, 2020, 10:54:35 AM »
Mizzy Gizzy and I were hoping to go to Graubünden next month, but we have decided to postpone our trip until Autumn now....
Gizzy

Gentleman, scholar, railway modeller....

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1743 on: March 16, 2020, 04:05:14 PM »
Good luck Matt.
Because you are unable to complete your journey due to official border closures you might at least be given the option of travelling at a later date.

Thanks John yes that's what I'm hoping for! Will keep posted.  :thumbsup:

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1744 on: March 16, 2020, 04:05:39 PM »
Mizzy Gizzy and I were hoping to go to Graubünden next month, but we have decided to postpone our trip until Autumn now....

Very wise I think!

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1745 on: March 16, 2020, 04:08:23 PM »
There might be a bit of a service break to work on Globibahn. Owing to Corona,  I've just had to move the layout and modelling stuff to convert my living room into a TV studio of sorts, for teaching my yoga classes online instead of my regular workplace of gyms/studios etc.

At least I can still operate the layout in it's temporary positon. :angel: and I can still do modelling bits and bobs I think.

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1746 on: March 19, 2020, 06:14:19 PM »
So the past few days have been entirely devoted to try and save my self-employed business. Things seem to be on the right track now but it's very hard times.

I've plugged the layout back in in its new temporary position and I can get the trains running nicely. Only issue is I can't get at the backscene or really do much plumbing work underneath as access is not good. It'll have to stay where it is till the whole s**t storm blows over, heaven knows when?

I should be able to work on the canopy lighting stuff still though, so will focus on that, jobs like figure painting and simply playing trains.

I was also thinking it might be fun to get a rake together of gravel wagons, which I could entirely paint with graffiti. That would be quite a large side project, and I would want to do it on 'nice' models too!  :worried:

Offline swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1747 on: March 19, 2020, 08:58:52 PM »
Great to hear that things are looking more positive for your business. I'm sure that in the weeks to come more people will realise that the service you offer will help them to feel better and much more able to cope with this awful situation.
As for you Matt. Keep smiling and now's the time to get some enjoyment out of the great layout you have created. Sit back with a cup of your favourite brew and watch the trains go by. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:24:25 AM by swisstrains »
John

Offline Garyf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
« Reply #1748 on: March 20, 2020, 07:59:59 AM »
My yoga teacher has just started online sessions, so far a couple of test sessions that have gone fairly well. I think it works where a dvd might not because I know the teacher and like a normal session you commit to a fixed time. The main issue has been getting people to switch off their microphones so they don’t take over the video stream if they make a noise. Good luck with setting it up.

Gary

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1749 on: March 20, 2020, 08:20:58 PM »
Great to hear that things are looking more positive for your business. I'm sure that in the weeks to come more people will realise that the service you offer will help them to feel better and much more able to cope with this awful situation.
As for you Matt. Keep smiling and now's the time to get some enjoyment out of the great layout you have created. Sit back with a cup of your favourite brew and watch the trains go by. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much John, yes the railway is keeping me sane! And yes I think yoga can help people a great deal at this time, it certainly helps me!

Stay safe and well too
Matt

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1750 on: March 20, 2020, 08:26:14 PM »
My yoga teacher has just started online sessions, so far a couple of test sessions that have gone fairly well. I think it works where a dvd might not because I know the teacher and like a normal session you commit to a fixed time. The main issue has been getting people to switch off their microphones so they don’t take over the video stream if they make a noise. Good luck with setting it up.

Gary

Yes I'm using Zoom, it's amazingly like giving a normal class, I have all the students tiled clearly on my iMac screen (I'm going to be getting hooked up to my TV for an even bigger view) and I can check what they are doing and give individual encouragement as well as doing my demonstrating. In a way I'm glad to be pushed to try this technology. I've had superb feedback. And students do make that extra effort if they know they are being checked and because it's at a scheduled time this motivates them to attend and engage. We can even have after class chat etc.. :thumbsup:

Offline Garyf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
« Reply #1751 on: March 21, 2020, 08:49:50 AM »
Zoom seems to work well, last nights trial went better as our microphones were switched off remotely by the teacher. I’m not sure how well we were monitored as there was 17 participants on the teachers laptop. My only other suggestion was to add a microphone for the teacher as some of the poses caused poor pickup of the instructions. I hope yours go well too.

Gary

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1752 on: March 21, 2020, 11:15:44 AM »
Installing canopy parallel lighting. Rather a pleasing task to work on! I've had to splice wires in order to run through the pillar detailing!  8)

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1753 on: March 21, 2020, 01:51:16 PM »
Only problem in spring, need to wait a bit longer to see lighting in the dark properly! :D

Went for 2.2k resistance here, 3.3k made them too dim and non-resisted even in parallel is way to bright.

Obviously plugs (as on my buildings) would be too obstrusive as the canopy is so exposed, so there's a chocie blockie under the baseboard instead. 8)

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1754 on: March 21, 2020, 07:05:01 PM »
Here's the canopy lighting at night...

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP