!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol 2D-019-005 Class 43 HST 4-car book set in BR Intercity 125 blue and grey  (Read 974 times)

Offline malchall

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
where can I get this new Dapol 2D-019-005 Class 43 HST 4-car book set in BR Intercity 125 blue and grey

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Ebay is the most likely source, sold out from all major dealers.

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Stuart B

• Awards
I was on the Hattons watchlist for one of these and they emailed last week.  I snapped it up.  DCC fitted, the coaches in the set had light bars fitted (as did the second hand MK3 I bought at the same time.)  I also bought two new mk3s so will fit light bars to them next month.  It's fantastic!  Incidentally, the trailing car shows white light for forward and red when trailing, but the power car only light when going forward.  Is it just unlucky that the red led isn't working or is there some DCC jiggery-pokery that will sort it?

My rake is a first class, buffet/restaurant, 2 second opens and a 2nd guards.  The look is classic and IMHO the absolute best livery for an iconic design that took me on some of my best adventures as a young man (including taking me to Cornwall for a 'swan song' week with Sarah...I think we'll stop that particular tale there  ;))

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
I have the same set and using DC the lights are white going forward and red in reverse as you'd expect. I know nowt about DCC so maybe something has been changed lighting wise by the vendor

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Loco Repairs - Direct message me
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
Put both loca back to back on prog track then prog the address again,  that will fix it

Offline Stuart B

• Awards
Put both loca back to back on prog track then prog the address again,  that will fix it
I programmed them like that originally but I’ll give it another go. It might end up being one of those things. It certainly isn’t a show stopper and does not detract from my pleasure at having this train running on Devex Junction (where Rule 1 applies and the bar is always open)

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Loco Repairs - Direct message me
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
If that doesnt work we just adjust cv29 easy peasy ;)

Offline Stuart B

• Awards
If that doesnt work we just adjust cv29 easy peasy ;)

Ok, how do I do that? [simple terms please - I can strip a machine gun in the dark and the rain and can take a screaming 6 foot drunk to the floor with ease (ex-soldier, now a copper) but the subtleties of CV programming are mumbo-jumbo to me, so far]

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Two things at play here...

Lights in the dummy reversed - as Only Me says put both on the programme track back to back (that bit’s important) when you program them.

No red lights in the powered car - the red LED on the lighting board has probably failed or the wire’s come unsoldered, both relatively easy fixes, if a bit fiddly.

Offline Stuart B

• Awards
Two things at play here...

Lights in the dummy reversed - as Only Me says put both on the programme track back to back (that bit’s important) when you program them.

No red lights in the powered car - the red LED on the lighting board has probably failed or the wire’s come unsoldered, both relatively easy fixes, if a bit fiddly.

I thought as much - I will investigate...(thanks!)

Offline Stuart B

• Awards
The cause would seem to be a disconnected wire, looks like the soldering has gone.  A small, fiddly job and i'm not much of a solderer.  I might build a mock-up to practise on first (or I might just leave it)

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal