!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol members day any announcements?  (Read 2400 times)

Offline bridgiesimon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 12318
    • Awards
Dapol members day any announcements?
« on: September 29, 2018, 12:04:57 PM »
Any particular news from the Dapol members open day?

There has been a comment on the N gauge Faceache page that got me really hopeful but nothing on here yet...

Best wishes
Simon

Offline MKP

• Awards
Re: Dapol members day any announcements?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 12:23:00 PM »
W/C - B.O.B will be RRP £199 only info I know

Offline bridgiesimon

• N Gauge Society Number: 12318
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 01:03:00 PM »
£199!! BLOOMIN ELL!!!

For a while I was really excited that they were actually going ahead with these at last but at that price, they can keep them!

Best wishes from a very disappointed
Simon

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »
I really want the BoB 'Spitfire'.
Are there any second hand organs anyone needs please?

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 01:48:25 PM »
That is way out of my price range as well Mick.
Looks like City of Truro really will be the last new Loco I will be able to buy.
Allthough the details on the latest models are really excellent now there is no way Val will let me buy things at that price.
I have only got so many older locos that people want but I have sold more locos this year than in all the years I have been modelling in N gauge, that’s the only way I can get anything new.
Bob Tidbury

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »
 :hmmm: I'm wondering - especially now we know Dapol will only be selling DCC-sound-fitted directly themselves and not distributing to retail channels - if that £199 is the price for a DCC-sound-fitted model(?). Perhaps even DCC-sound-fitted(?).

I do want a BoB. Do I bash the Farish MN I purchased when Dapol suspended their BoB last year? Or do I go for Dapol's RTR BoB? I reckon I'll have to wait till Dapol confirm their price, and confirm what sort of model I'd get for that price, and when(!).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:03:52 PM by RailGooner, Reason: ITALICS with thanks to Roy L S »
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline leachsprite4

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 03:26:17 PM »
Yes hurrah, great day today massive bike test passed (ish) and dapol say WC/BoB back on. Timescales of any production I have a couple of years to save for three.
Although I may need to sell some locos to justify especially when. I've tried to not spend over £100 on an engine

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 04:21:58 PM »
There's hope for us DC Luddites the price may be nearer £150-£160 then (imagine a fingers crossed emoji here)

Online RailGooner

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 05:06:24 PM »
There's hope for us DC Luddites the price may be nearer £150-£160 then (imagine a fingers crossed emoji here)

Oh, the times I've wished for a fingers crossed emoji. ::) Maybe one day, fin... :D
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 07:41:04 PM »
:hmmm: I'm wondering - especially now we know Dapol will only be selling DCC-fitted directly themselves and not distributing to retail channels - if that £199 is the price for a DCC-fitted model(?). Perhaps even DCC-sound-fitted(?).

I do want a BoB. Do I bash the Farish MN I purchased when Dapol suspended their BoB last year? Or do I go for Dapol's RTR BoB? I reckon I'll have to wait till Dapol confirm their price, and confirm what sort of model I'd get for that price, and when(!).

Glad for those who wanted one it is now on, but I do think more clarification of what people would be getting for this price is needed before organ sales increase within our modelling community. If this is DCC fitted it probably compares RRP wise with a Farish Duchess plus a chip within £10 or so, if not it compares fairly badly. I guess it depends how badly people want one? For me it would be Rule 1 anyway and I buy fewer of those these days.

BTW I thought it was DCC sound fitted Dapol said would only be doing direct as opposed to all DCC?

Roy

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 08:56:01 PM »

BTW I thought it was DCC sound fitted Dapol said would only be doing direct as opposed to all DCC?

Roy

That was my understanding, too, Roy

Online RailGooner

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 09:05:33 PM »

Thanks Roy. Have edited my earlier post. :beers:

Online dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 09:07:16 PM »
On a slightly different note, but connected with the open day. Earlier in the year I booked one of the special open day wagons and gave my card details.  Since then, I have been a victim of fraud on the card I was using at the time, so it was cancelled. Whilst in the UK the other day, I received an email from Andrea at the Dapol Club, to say she could not get the payment for the model. I rang her and got that sorted, and, as I have found out in the past, Andrea is an excellent ambassador for the Dapol Collectors Club and good customer service in general - just one of the reasons why I have renewed for the last three years.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Les1952

• N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 11:01:32 PM »
Just to repeat what I put on the N-gauge egroup.

Excuse lack of details.

The Class 142 is made and waiting a ship. The 121 is on the high seas somewhere if I read my scribble correctly.

Class 50 samples missed the open day and are expected at Chirk on Monday.  I got the impression that Andy was less than whelmed.

Take up of the relaunched HST prototype was described as "encouraging".

The big news was that the Bulleids are back in the frame- starting with the Spam Can.  There were 4 or 5 examples with numbers shown which I didn't write down.  Price was NOT mentioned unless someone asked privately later.

The only definite Identity I wrote down was 34001 EXTER in BR Early Crest which is to be a Collector's club model.

On spec - it is completely new CAD and tooling "to a high specification" with a diecast body.  Estimated delivery is "Early 2000".  Someone asked if all versions of the tender were to be modelled and the answer was "yes".  The REBUILT WC/BB hasn't yet been reactivated, partly as there isn't a lot in common beyond the frame and wheels (and presumably but not stated the mechanism) but it is intended that it will follow on at some stage.

In O-gauge I got that there will be a later version of the 08 with the metal cab doors, cupboard doors on the bodyside and extra cabinets, with a couple of corrections from the earlier version, and that in order to give the Terrier something to pull there will be Stroudley 4-wheeled coaches.

In OO gauge the 43xx is running ahead of the 61xx.  Someone asked if there were any plans for a 43xx in N with a reply that it is something to think about.

Hope this all helps.
Les

Offline Chetcombe

• N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 02:29:31 AM »
Class 50 samples missed the open day and are expected at Chirk on Monday.  I got the impression that Andy was less than whelmed.

Firstly, it will be a shame if the 50 is even more delayed...

Secondly I just love the term 'less than whelmed'. Not in the English language as used here, but it should be! Under (and over)-whelmed are fine but the meaning of whelmed is completely different:

whelm
past tense: whelmed; past participle: whelmed
engulf, submerge, or bury (someone or something).
"a swimmer whelmed in a raging storm"
flow or heap up abundantly.
"the brook whelmed up from its source"

Who knew!!!!

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
55% 
September Donations