!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Linked Events

• The International N Gauge Show (TINGS): September 14, 2019 - September 15, 2019

Author Topic: TINGS 2019, 14-15 September  (Read 11333 times)

Offline exmouthcraig

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • Awards
Re: TINGS 2019, 14-15 September
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2019, 06:10:57 PM »
Had a good chat with Ray at BH Enterprises this morning about coach sides, hopefully this side of Christmas!!!
Met Fraser from GFB designs had a good run through of the Signatrak Ace2 controller, wonderfully simple bit of kit which were pretty sure will be our controller for the layout.
Spent a few quid with Nick at N Brass, only 1 item out of 45 that he didn't have in stock so plenty to see me through winter now!
Saw Ben at revolutioN and although I knew no Regent Class B tanks are left seeing 2 triple packs of Esso ones there for sale would of made my day had they been Regents. None of the new stuff for us thankfully for the wallet!!
Got a good discount from Plus Daughters stand presumably for paying cash  :thumbsup: amazing how many people were complaining about stalls not taking cards!!
Bargain of a useful book from Steve Currinn so no excuses for my weathering of wagons now!
Managed to get a NGS Stove R from The Wagon Yard
A good haul of triple packs from Anoraks Anonymous

11 years after since our first and last attendance we managed to get what we went out for, missed the forum photograph, wed left for lunch but definitely worth the trip so maybe we wont wait so long before going back!!!!

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2019, 06:21:40 PM »
Emus. I meant megafret, containers, hoppers. Spoilt for choice. .

Ah, the new Revolution stuff. Thought you meant new Kato things.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 06:26:49 PM by njee20 »

Offline exmouthcraig

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2019, 06:25:34 PM »
Sorry @njee20 we skipped straight past the kato stuff, I knew the rumours Mr Kato would be there but I'll be honest he could of barged me out the way anywhere today and I wouldnt of known.

If they were bringing a Rebuilt Bulleid to the world I'd of camped at his stall all day but the '800 is not for me I'm afraid, so know as little about their news as you

Online crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »
Yes nick. Arran aird has containers. Megafrets looked good. The containers had usual scrum as was at anoraks stand. 321s ok. VEAs looked beautiful. Wo nt spoil it mate. i meant the revolution models -  willl look online one day
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 08:04:42 PM by crewearpley40 »

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2019, 06:28:21 PM »
Sorry @njee20 we skipped straight past the kato stuff, I knew the rumours Mr Kato would be there but I'll be honest he could of barged me out the way anywhere today and I wouldnt of known.

If they were bringing a Rebuilt Bulleid to the world I'd of camped at his stall all day but the '800 is not for me I'm afraid, so know as little about their news as you

Yes sorry, cross posted, my comment was aimed at Crewearpley40 (now quoted for context).

Interesting point re:cash, being a hip young millennial (or something) I never use cash, may have to get some tomorrow, and I’ll still grumble if people don’t take cards!

Offline jthjth

• Awards
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2019, 06:29:16 PM »
Did anyone see Mr Kato there?

Yup. Spoke to him on his stand, and met up again at the ice cream van outside as we both tucked into a 99. He’s a very polite gentleman. Judging by his questions, he’s trying to better understand the British N market. He seemed impressed by TINGS. He wouldn’t be drawn on future plans, other than he had some. The 800 series will not have a decoder socket, and as per other Kato models, will need a special pcb fitting.

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2019, 06:32:22 PM »
That seems an epic own goal straight off the bat if I may mix my sporting metaphors!

Online Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2019, 07:01:15 PM »

Yup. Spoke to him on his stand, and met up again at the ice cream van outside as we both tucked into a 99. He’s a very polite gentleman. Judging by his questions, he’s trying to better understand the British N market. He seemed impressed by TINGS. He wouldn’t be drawn on future plans, other than he had some. The 800 series will not have a decoder socket, and as per other Kato models, will need a special pcb fitting.

Kato models are always easy to add DCC as they use can motors, but you do need to solder in the wired type of decoder.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2019, 07:28:34 PM »
sorry nick

did not pay much attention to kato afraid - too busy admiring layouts !!!!! and catching up with others :

jerry howlett
hailstone alex
ray evans
andy evans
cazadoom
snowwolfflair
robert shrives
mr tidbury
and others

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2019, 07:32:02 PM »
Kato models are always easy to add DCC as they use can motors, but you do need to solder in the wired type of decoder.

Easy is relative. In this day and age a new “all singing all dancing” model with no native DCC compatibility is madness IMO. But that’s for the 800 thread!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 07:37:10 PM by njee20 »

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2019, 07:45:47 PM »

This fella, who insisted in interrupting me and Maurice (Osborns) while we were having a chat? :D

Kidding! He is a genuinely nice chap and true model rail enthusiast.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2019, 07:54:50 PM »
ah theres the proof mark

you found mr kato ?. excellent
good to see you

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2019, 08:19:38 PM »
Managed to see the 56xx running on the Revolution stand. Beautiful model. I thought that someone into sound (I think it was Legomanbiffa) was a little rude to the designer Sam, saying “well I guess it was ok to be Chinese (!)” and then berated him about not designing in a next 18 socket.

Best
Bob

I would have said that a 6 pin socket is absolutely the correct call. Sonic are to be applauded for managing to keep the price of this model down to something affordable without (from what I have read and seen of the EP) compromising on the specification. To provide for a simple motor function with no directional lighting and no plug and play sound provision why on earth is a Next 18 decoder necessary? Anyone wishing to attempt a sound fit would surely remove the socket to add space and hard-wire a sound decoder anyway?

Roy

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2019, 08:34:16 PM »
Yes Chris good to chat. It was good to have the space to stop and chat. I felt the show was so much more comfortable than my last visit many years ago - the aisles seemed wider, having all those roller-doors open kept the air fresh and cool.

I met some forum members - put faces and names to avatars and usernames - but sadly my dodgy memory can't now recall who! :-[

Bacon and sausage baps were excellent value, but disappeared before I could snap them!

I'll post more pics later...
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2019, 08:47:24 PM »
apart from the team at revolution / form moderators

those in our photo outside others apart from cameraman / tim hitch 's mate ? name omar ???

may need others to help identify mark

agree lots of space, chance to see layouts, just usual scrum and lack of politeness from the few around the trade stands
lots of fresh air, good to see robert shrives too, exhibition centre staff seemed friendly

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything