!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Revolution Trains - Class 128 Parcels DMU  (Read 8831 times)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: Revolution Trains - Class 128 Parcels DMU
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2019, 12:57:22 PM »
Hi all,

Firstly, if we ever kill off projects, as we did with the Class 21/9, we will make it clear.

If you haven't heard any news, it is because we have no news to share!

In this case the delays are down to us.  It took quite a bit longer than expected to get the research package complete and ready for China.

Please remember our comfort zone is the modern stuff: there are usually high quality manufacturer drawings that can be emailed to us and we have a lot of "prior knowledge."

With the transition era models there is quite a bit of learning we have to do, and finding detailed information and drawings can be harder.

My previous estimate of the timings was optimistic, but then estimates are simply an educated guess based on previous experience.

We have refined our methodology over time; because it is hard to gauge how long the research stage will take we tend now only to take money once we are ready to begin the paid-for work in China.

But this model is definitely going ahead!

Cheers

Ben A.

Thanks, Ben. I'm ready to pay for my BR Green WR one.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+88)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2019, 02:22:07 PM »
Like the 56xx, I'll require a couple of 128s so won't be applying any pressure to see them listed for sale :no: :worried:

Online crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2019, 02:27:00 PM »
if i had a choice .... post office red looked okay if that was a tada shade darker red, i would opt for the green or the blue. wishing mike aand ben the very best with this model and its production !!!

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2019, 07:44:47 PM »
Not being able to get to TINGS this year, like others in a similar position I appreciate all the updates and news that has been posted thus far. I was pleased to see so many new projects announced by RevolutioN but if I am honest somewhat disheartened that items like the new 40ft intermodal wagons will quickly be going to CADs then expressions of interest when the 128 was announced a year ago and last update we were still waiting for CADs and order books to open. There was supposed to have been another update according to previous postings on this thread but I haven't seen any further news anywhere.

This has left me wondering if there was any further update at TINGS that I have missed or hasn't yet been posted, or is the 128 as it appears now indeed on a slower burner and intentionally being overtaken by other projects?

Roy

Online dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2019, 07:48:30 PM »
is the 128 as it appears now indeed on a slower burner and intentionally being overtaken by other projects?

No, 'they' wouldn't do that to us, would they? Please, somebody, say that isn't so.  :pleasesign:  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Western Destroyer
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2019, 07:57:02 PM »
Hi all,  just to clarify as per the new pamphlet we had free to take away at Tings.

The 128 unit is now IN cad as in it is being produced no longer waiting for cad, with order books opening late this year. 

Some of you will know better than others that i am pushing this as well ;)

Also some items such as containers etc are a lot easier to get from inception to product because of their lack of complexity and the fact they are not powered which is why they appear a lot sooner than a motorised unit which requires a lot of cad work.

Ps the Sonic 58xx looked and ran extremely well (for a kettle ;) )

Cheers Paul
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:58:31 PM by Only Me »

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2019, 07:58:26 PM »
Hi all,

The 128 is in CAD.

It's a much more complex project than a container box with difference ends and of course the motorising to consider.

We will post information when we have something tangible to show!

Cheers

Ben A.

Online Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2019, 08:41:40 PM »
Not being able to get to TINGS this year, like others in a similar position I appreciate all the updates and news that has been posted thus far. I was pleased to see so many new projects announced by RevolutioN but if I am honest somewhat disheartened that items like the new 40ft intermodal wagons will quickly be going to CADs then expressions of interest when the 128 was announced a year ago and last update we were still waiting for CADs and order books to open. There was supposed to have been another update according to previous postings on this thread but I haven't seen any further news anywhere.

This has left me wondering if there was any further update at TINGS that I have missed or hasn't yet been posted, or is the 128 as it appears now indeed on a slower burner and intentionally being overtaken by other projects?

Roy

From what was being said its simply the availability of accurate information.  The newer models have good drawings and information available were as the earlier models take a lot more time, something that Ben and Mike are short of.  The 128 is definitely on its way.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2019, 09:29:41 PM »
Hi all,

The 128 is in CAD.

It's a much more complex project than a container box with difference ends and of course the motorising to consider.

We will post information when we have something tangible to show!

Cheers

Ben A.

Many thanks, Ben. I understand. I will wait patiently.

Offline johnlambert

• N Gauge Society Number: 23717
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2019, 01:31:12 PM »
Having just paid for 4 VEA wagons and a 56xx I'm happy to wait before paying for a green class 128.

Online REGP

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19246
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2019, 05:41:12 PM »
Having just paid for 4 VEA wagons and a 56xx I'm happy to wait before paying for a green class 128.
Iím in much the same position John (plus I just ordered 3 Cemflos), so Iím quite happy to give my wallet a breather from railway purchases with Xmas not that far away.
Ray

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything