!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Welcome to the NGF!  (Read 56382 times)

Offline 9C

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Macclesfield (Hibel Rd, Central & MBM) 30 May 1941
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: Welcome to the NGF!
« Reply #660 on: January 03, 2019, 12:19:03 AM »
NN,

There will be a few "guests" passing through on the mainline, including Farish 2715 (Agecroft), Farish 5041 (Kentish Town), Peco/Rivarossi 5690 (Crewe {North}) and Langley 6243 (Camden), but most of the locally based stock will have to be 3D printed bodies on S/H motions. I'll need 2 LMS Fowler 2-6-2T, 6 LMS Fowler 2-6-4T, 4 LNER GC/C13 4-4-2T, 1 LNER GC/N5 0-6-2T and 1 LNER GC/O4-1 2-8-0. I've been working with Simon at Rue d'…tropal to produce a prototype for the larger (4P) Fowler tank and the early print looks extremely promising. None of the available chassis units is perfectly to scale for wheelbase, with Bachmann's Fairburn 2691 being marginally the closer but at twice the price of an old Farish Riddles 80064.

Edit: Whitehouse and StJ-Thomas' excellent LMS150 has a complete list of allocations dated 10 November 1945. I know there will have been a few rearrangements over the preceeding four years, but that's close enough for me to work with.

Darrwest,

Many thanks for the kind offer, but the basic track plan was set out in 1989 and I have recently had the chance to resize a 1930 map to 1:150 scale for precise work (once I get on with track laying on the new baseboards).

Everyone else,

Thanks for the warm welcomes.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 12:26:22 AM by 9C »
--
David.

Can offer endless tips on design and research, but will probably be asking for return favours concerning craft skills and superglue removal.

99% LMS, 1% GC/NS joint.

Offline PostModN66

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17980
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #661 on: January 03, 2019, 02:01:32 PM »
'Eyup, David, and welcome to the forum (from another Lancastrian - there are several of us) :wave:
According to my Ian Allan books of the time 9C was Reddish depot, although no doubt that changed.
I look forward to hearing more about your plans in N such as space available, era/location, DC/DCC etc
NN,

That must be post-war. The plan is for an analogue layout set at the junction of the (old) LNW, NS & GC territories in Macclesfield on 30 May 1941; which provides a main and branch, two stations, two loco/goods yards and appropriate scenic breaks within a club sized modular layout, but also the ability to put fiddles onto the ends of a 6' 6" by 3' 6" core module and run that alone.

Welcome to the forum David,

Being from Macclesfield (actually born in Bollington) I am very interested to see your workings for a Macc-based layout.

Of course, in my day it was blue 86s, 304s and 310s, and Hibel Road station, the gasworks and the Bollington line were memories.

Cheers Jon  :)

ďWe must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected.Ē ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Offline Redcap

• Iím having a senior moment.
    • Awards
« Reply #662 on: Yesterday at 03:04:46 PM »
Good afternoon folks. I hope Iím posting this in the correct place.
Iíve just joined the forum and I must say that Iím rather impressed with it.
Iíve recently got back into N Gauge, particularly trams and I intend to build a 10ft x 6ft city centre tram layout.
Thank you for reading my post.
Paul

Online dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #663 on: Yesterday at 03:12:22 PM »
Hi Redcap. I have just posted a reply in the tram post, but, again, welcome to the forum. Some very knowledgeable and talented people here.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #664 on: Yesterday at 03:50:49 PM »
Hello Redcap, and welcome aboard :wave:
Which country is your proposed city likely to be based in, please?

Offline Redcap

• Iím having a senior moment.
    • Awards
« Reply #665 on: Yesterday at 04:49:13 PM »
Iíve not decided yet, but most probably Japan.

Thanks for the welcome.
Thank you for reading my post.
Paul

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £315.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
105% 
January Donations

Advertise Here