!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol 2D-019-005 Class 43 HST 4-car book set in BR Intercity 125 blue and grey  (Read 516 times)

Offline RegRail148

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Hi All,

(apologies if this is in the wrong category)

I'm just getting back into the hobby after some years, having made the switch to N gauge I am busy working on my first layout and adding to my collection. I really would like to get a hold of Dapol 2D-019-005 Class 43 HST 4-car book set in BR Intercity 125 blue and grey but having exhausted google i can't seem to find one. Before I start to call every model shop in the country i just wondered if anyone had seen one of these in their local model shop recently. Or am i wasting my time and should just look out on fleebay? Appreciate any help. Thank you.

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
They did a second batch of blue/grey HSTs recently, whilst I suspect most have sold out they're fairly readily available on eBay and probably the easiest to get hold of.

Offline RegRail148

• Awards
They did a second batch of blue/grey HSTs recently, whilst I suspect most have sold out they're fairly readily available on eBay and probably the easiest to get hold of.

Yeah that's the one i'm looking for and it seems sold out everywhere. There is one on ebay at the minute but it needs 'diodes replacing'. Being new to all of this I don't know if that's a big/expensive job? I'm learning as I go at the minute.

Online njee20

• Awards
The one on eBay is one of the first releases - it's got a TFO/TSO included. The latter release included the TGS/RFB coaches.

Replacing the LEDs is a common issue, not especially difficult, but they're pretty small surface mount LEDs, so it is fiddly. Like I say, they come up quite often, so if you don't fancy it then another will be along shortly that doesn't need fixing.

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+88)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Not knowing too much about these 'new fangled multi coloured worms' what's the difference between the 2P-019-005 I bought recently and the 2D-019-005 please? :dunce:

Online njee20

• Awards
You sure thatís what yours is? Some of the intermediate coaches have 2P-xxx designations, but I thought the booksets were all 2D.

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+88)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
You sure thatís what yours is? Some of the intermediate coaches have 2P-xxx designations, but I thought the booksets were all 2D.

And you are quite correct, of course. Dumbass typo in my spreadsheet :oopssign: ::) :-[

Offline themadhippy

• Awards
what's the difference between the 2P and  2D?
Nothing if you believe the goverment,but 2d is 2/240 and 2p is 2/100, so someone got ripped off back in '71

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything