!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Euclid Dump Truck Kit  (Read 284 times)

Offline Nick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22901
    • Awards
Euclid Dump Truck Kit
« on: August 15, 2018, 07:22:23 PM »
A year or so ago I asked for advice about obtaining a Euclid Dump Truck for my quarry, and discovered that it was a surprisingly difficult issue and a whole can of worms.

Anyway, I eventually purchased a Euclid Mine/Dump Truck from JL Innovative Design in the States. I've been meaning to post something about it ever since.

It's a white metal kit, and cost me $13-49 plus $10 P&P. I didn't get charged any duty or VAT on the way in - below the thresholds I believe. About 17 in total. Not cheap, but not too bad.

It arrived nicely packaged in a blister pack with foam insert. It's US "N", so 1/160, not 1/148, but fine for a background item.There are 11 parts: the hopper, cab, chassis, six wheels and two exhausts. (Stupidly I didn't photograph it unassembled. Mea culpa.)

Instructions are basic in the extreme, just general comments on assembling a white metal kit, not even a diagram. But with so few parts it really didn't matter.

The moulds are presumably old. There was quite a lot of flash to remove in places, the chassis needed straightening, and I had to Dremel out the wheel hubs to make them fit the axles.. Once that was done, everything was fine.

Painted it up and planted it on the layout. A couple of evenings' work.

That's it. Nothing special about it, but is nicely modelled and it fills a gap in the market. I might splash out on their 100 ton truck sometime in the future.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:24:33 PM by Nick »
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here