!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Possible layout items becoming available, provisional  (Read 1135 times)

Offline polo2k

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Possible layout items becoming available, provisional
« on: February 14, 2012, 10:30:38 PM »
Hi all,
As many of you will know, I am building a layout of the YVR, I was inspired by another layout of the YVR. Unfortunately this layout is now nearing its end and is very likely to be disassembled. There are quite a few items that are ear marked, however the owner has asked me to post up some pics to A) show the layout off, and B) to see if anyone may be interested in any items that are not yet earmarked.

Before I post any pics, please do not think of this as an oppertunity to get items below their worth, the layout took 20 years to build and Im sure we can all appriciate how hard this must be for him to do.

If anyone has any comments on the layout, please post up as Ill be sending a link to the owner.

I am planning on visiting the layout at some point (likley end of Feb), I am planning on helping with the last running session, hopefully with plenty of pics and some videos. If anyone is interested in any items, then there may be space for some extra heads on the day of the visit.

Alternatively. If anyone is in the market for the layout as a whole, thats a possibility too (pm me if you might be in the market and I can pass on details)

Here are a good selection of pics, hopefully Trev will post up once he has the link.

As I mentioned, some items are spoken for already but if your interested in anything please speak up (except the logging camp ;) .

The logging camp, some stations and the sawmill, will hopefully find a home on my yvr

Please note this is not a for sale thread, meerly raising awareness and putting out feelers for anyone who may be able to give any items a good home.
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Possible layout items becoming available, provisional
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 08:05:10 AM »
Not interested in buying, but what a super layout! Obviously a labour of love and it must be heart wrenching for it to go.

Online scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 08:39:34 AM »
I would be interested in any of the people there is on his layout.
It is so sad this has to be dismantled, I have watched and enjoyed videos of his layout running.

I recently bought one of his locos on eBay, this Kato loco.

cheers John.

Offline 4x2

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »
Such a shame to break it up, thats a great layout...

As i'm just starting laying the track on my layout (US of course) i'm not 100% on what stuff i'll need. Looking at the pics of the YVR there is a really nice church and a couple of houses that would really suit what i have in mind, possibly a few other buildings like shops etc...

I'm interested, so please let me know either way.  Thanks Polo2k  :thumbsup:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Offline Alex

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 08:44:37 PM »
What a superb layout. What a shame its got to go, but it's certainly given me a few ideas.

Alex :wave:

Offline caboosemanuk

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
See my Yosemite Valley write-up re:- dismantling the railway.....I am not selling owt...am giving it all away!!!!
Trevor....(Cabooseman)

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal