!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Principat d'Izaro (French/Spanish layout)  (Read 7076 times)

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Principat d'Izaro (French/Spanish layout)
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2019, 03:36:19 PM »
:hellosign: Many thanks Chris (Weave), Chris (IP) & Martin am following the stories with interest & always waiting for the next update. Don't know which beach Martin is thinking of moving,  :D but if of any help I am ten minutes walk from Hayle beach. Not this minute though en route from Gatwick to home via Reading on board a166 followed by the 800 series.
     regards Derek  :beers:
You could have a numb bum by the time you reach Hayle.
We went to London and back a week or so ago. Those seats on the 800s are mighty hard!
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2019, 04:06:28 PM »
I would have thought that kiln dried sand used for block paving joints would be a good bet.  You could start with some very fine sandpaper as a base layer and then use layering spray to build it up by sprinkling on some of the sand, as you would with static grass.  You could hoover up the loose bits in between applications.  I've never done it, it is just a suggestion.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2019, 01:25:00 AM »
Hi chaps,

Thanks for the replies.

Will continue the Sant Pau de Mar story properly tomorrow (today now) because I don't have the pic phone but to make a start......

Sant Pau de Mar 1963

Pedru Valdez is rather flustered as, not only has he been left on his own without Fermin for ages and Catala for weeks, but he now has to organise transporting boxes of various alcoholic beverages from the station up to his cellar. (sorry @Chris in Prague but I put Catalia earlier by mistake, now edited. Also this further info. will hopefully help your story).

The 'Crazy Bunch' girls and Nicolau turn up at the 'El Gaitero' restaurant in the morning. Esteve is at his home getting ready for a trip (to be explained later).

As the four arrive, Pedru gets off the phone, which he has been on for most of the morning, slightly more relieved although still fuming inwardly, telling the girls calmly that their friend, his sister, Catala, is fine and on her way to London with a German gentleman called Christian.

Also that Fermin, his inward fuming starting to rear it's ugly head again, has finally made contact after 'travelling' around the UK for ages, saying that he had arranged to meet a Canadian girl called Rae Anne, who he had met last year, in London. She has managed to get a cheap berth on the SS France from New York and could he arrange train and ferry tickets from Le Havre to Paris, Paris to Calais, Calais to Dover and then on to London for her.

Apparently Catala has spoken to Fermin and they're all meeting up at some bar called 'Esmerelda's' on the Friday and staying in a nearby B and B although knowing Fermin, he'll probably blag his way into the newly opened London Hilton on Park Lane. The girls, not really bothered about Fermin and Rae Anne's sleeping arrangements, did however question Catala's. Pedru, defending his sister's reputation, confirmed that Catala would be staying with the 'Chelsea Girls' in their rented house with Sofia and that Christian, being a Gentleman, would have separate lodgings.

'Why are you questioning Catala's potential behaviour?, baggage van girl!', said Aina to Caterina with a cheeky grin. Pedru looked confused. 'Anyway, let's go and move these boxes' he said. They all left, Nuria telling Aina on the way out that Caterina finally admitted that morning that she had passionately kissed the handsome SNCF driver in the baggage car but that was it. She believed her sister and added 'Don't say any more Aina, they only met briefly but she really likes him. Hopefully Raphael will turn up again soon'.

To be continued....

Cheers weave  :beers:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:11:38 AM by weave »

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2019, 08:16:08 AM »
Thanks, Chris (Weave) for the latest linking instalment.  Oops, I got Sofia and Catala confused. Sofia will be travelling up to Waterloo with Sylvia, Eli, and Susan then to the Chelsea townhouse where the "Girls" live and NOT Catala who has decided that Christian is the 'One' and he will not slip from her grasp!

Very fine (almost like talcum powder) beach sand works very well.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »
Good morning @Chris in Prague ,

I don't think you did get the girls mixed up. Anyway, to clarify, I wrote Catalia and not Catala so just a typo. No matter.

So, to clarify further, Sofia is on her way to London with Sylvia, Eli a Susan. Catala and Christian are also on their way to London, Catala to be staying in the 'Chelsea Girl's' townhouse, Christian in a local hotel. Fermin is now in London and Rae Anne is, as we speak, on the Calais-Dover ferry with train ticket to London Victoria station, arranged by Pedru, in hand.

Hope makes sense. 

Cheers Chris (weave)  :beers:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: Yesterday at 11:21:41 AM »
Thanks, Chris (Weave). I had written Catalia instead of Sofia. (Now corrected.) I think everything (and everyone) is clear now.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £160.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £95.00
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
July Donations

Advertise Here