!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Clifton Wood the rebuild begins  (Read 7357 times)

Online chrism

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • The Coniston Railway
    • Awards
Re: Clifton Wood the rebuild begins
« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2020, 01:41:17 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this, Craig. Your modelling skills will be missed, even though you may think otherwise.
What you have been doing, in particular on the road and yard vehicles, is outstanding.

Don't be gone too long, mate, I'm sure many of us are keen to see how the monster layout progresses quite apart from the culmination of the Clifton Wood rebuild.

Offline Nbodger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 8788
    • Awards
« Reply #316 on: June 21, 2020, 01:44:27 PM »
Craig,

I am sorry that you have come to this decision, in the short time I have been on the forum I have always respected your modelling skills.

Modelling is all about trial and error and building to our own capabilities and not someone elseís.

A model railway is in the main for the builders enjoyment, and you set your own standards, if they meet your standards then it is fine and you should stick with what you believe.

Hope you will be back sooner rather than later

Stay safe and well

Mike H  8)

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: June 21, 2020, 02:09:51 PM »
It was very much a shock to hear of your decision.  I hope you will be back soon and we will all miss your modelling skills aside from those concerned with the actual railway.  Good luck in all your attempts and we all await your return sometime in the future. :beers:
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: June 21, 2020, 03:49:16 PM »
That is a real shame Craig.
Your modelling skills will be badly missed so I do hope that you arenít missing for too long.
If my comments re the heather were a tipping point then I apologise profusely.

Martin
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 07:16:17 PM by port perran »
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2020, 04:36:38 PM »
I can only echo the above comments Craig. Some of your modelling skills are an inspiration and as for the 'adaptation' of your lorries ................. excellent stuff.  :thumbsup: Just put n gauge on the 'long finger' as they say here in Ireland.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Online class37025

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: June 21, 2020, 05:36:13 PM »
Some of your modelling skills are an inspiration

think you got that wrong, Dannyboy,
I'd have said
"Your modelling skills are an inspiration"

ok won't mention the heather  >:D
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Online degsy_safc

• Awards
« Reply #321 on: June 21, 2020, 09:25:39 PM »
Hi Craig,

It will be a real shame if you leave the forum, as you know Iím new to this hobby and find your modelling skills very inspirational.
I really enjoy looking at your pictures to see what can be done, by taking something and completely changing it to suit the needs of a specific situation, like the artic skip wagons, the flashing light transit, the bucket loaders, logging wagons etc.
The vehicles are just a small part of it, the biomass shed and associated conveyors, spot lights, concrete base, network rail line side cabinet scenes, the woods with the fallen tree damaging the fence etc are all just brill.
Itís really disappointing to hear that you feel you need to leave because a few people are spoiling it for you, I do hope you reconsider, as Iím sure that as well as myself, are so many more people who will really miss you being around..

Cheers Derek 
Cheers Derek

Offline Graham

• N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: June 21, 2020, 11:30:59 PM »
this is a real shame Craig, on another thread where the discussion was about excellence in different aspects i was only thinking if i could model like @exmouthcraig i would be very happy with myself.

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: June 21, 2020, 11:47:49 PM »
Just woken up to this on Monday morning. I hate Monday mornings!

I can only echo what has been said, and do hope you will reconsider. You have a large following here, and I'm right in there amongst them!

Take it easy, mate. All the very best, but bloody well get back here soon!  :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: June 22, 2020, 10:00:20 AM »
Well picking up the long list of notifications regarding this in my email box came as a bit of a shock.

Thanks everyone for your comments, like everyone it's hard to believe 1 person is interested in the projects your working on and it's been nice to read positive comments from everyone.

Martin, it most certainly does not have anything to do with the comments RE heather, if I couldnt take a critical comment then I shouldnt put anything up for the world to see, so definitely no need for an apology.

I have always invited criticism of my topics, I dont like people trying to be diplomatic about a subject, if it's wrong you should be able to call something out for being wrong, and theres been times that I did get it wrong and only with those comments can you create what you want to be creating. The thousands of eyes through the forum notice different bits and details and it's as much about making it interesting to the viewer as myself.

Workload has stepped up another gear at home as we try to work towards reopening, the usual glut of summer slog is upon us and still reliant of postal services have slowed the projects down, this along with probably spending far too much time on the forum getting frustrated by things have forced my hand and make the decision I have.

I will be back, winter gives me a better amount of time to spend slaving away on the layouts so come Christmas I'll probably be back, hopefully with Clifton as complete as I'll ever get it, it might tie up nicely with my rake of revolutioN Rfnoos (fingers crossed) and with a stroke of luck a good run of pictures will show it in its completed state.

Normally I need time away from something to find the desire to get back and crack on, with so much happening over the 2 layouts that's not the case but I do need the mental break from here, that will give me the desire to get back, catch up with everyones projects and hopefully showcase mine to "the best of MY abilities" we never know George BC&E might be complete  :D

:thankyousign:

Stay safe everyone  :admiration:

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: June 22, 2020, 10:31:04 AM »
C'mon, Craig! I spent three hours in the hospital this morning for them to tell me there's nowt wrong with me ankle! The  ankle tells me otherwise...

There's always a bright side, mate.  :thumbsup:

The surgeon reckons he's finished with me....

Except I'd forgotten the real reason I went there... to get a lifetime disability sticker on me car!  ;D :beers:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: June 22, 2020, 08:51:23 PM »
I'm very sorry that you are taking a break for a while, Craig.

I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

In the meantime, thank you so much for all your interesting posts and for so kindly helping me with a query I had.

With all good wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Offline cornish yorkie

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: June 22, 2020, 11:42:50 PM »
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:
  Echoing the above comments Craig, very sorry not to see your inspirational work, hope you decide to come back soon  :beers:
  stay safe regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal