!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Disposing of old railway modelling magazines  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Bobbyvabc

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Disposing of old railway modelling magazines
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2018, 12:41:46 PM »
Why not give them to someone involved with railway exhibitions as giveaways.
Just a thought.
Bobbyabc

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: Disposing of old railway modelling magazines
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2018, 01:12:59 PM »
It is indeed interesting that this thread continues.

I have heaps of Railway Modeller magazines. My wife desperately wants me to get rid of them, and I can understand that.

Problem is that to me they are historical documents, and an exercise in nostalgia.

We can still learn a lot from the layouts of the fifties and sixties, and it's all there, in the mags, in glorious black and white!

A couple of years ago, moderator Caz asked if anyone had a Cyril Freezer plan for a through terminus, published around 1962, or so. I replied excitedly saying, "I think I've got that!"

Sure enough, I did, promptly pulled it from the shelf, and scanned the plan to her.

I still haven't been able to squeeze that issue back into it's place on the shelf, Caz  >:( ;)

Anyway, it's a shame, because so many museums and places in the world are choc a bloc with historical documents, but ours are valueless, it would seem.  :(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £275.00
Above Goal: £220.00
Site Currency: GBP
500% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything