!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Are we over the Golden Age of N Gauge?  (Read 10992 times)

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
Re: Are we over the Golden Age of N Gauge?
« Reply #210 on: March 01, 2019, 10:54:26 AM »
I love the new manufacturers coming to produce more niche models but am constantly disappointed with the lack of updates. Some examples:-

Revolution Cemflos - announced 8.9.18. No updates available as at today
Revolution class 56xx - announced 24.11.18. No updates available as at today.
Revolution class 128 - announced 8.9.18. Website says order book opens Qtr1 2019. We're in the last month of that Qtr, guys!

So - it's easy to get us all 'frothed up' (to use another member's expression) but then it seems to be "Hurry up and wait".
Somone close to Revolution made a spurious post stating class 128 expressions of interest would be taken in Jan 2019. A case of 'fake news'?

Hi there,

I am not sure what updates you want - we say something when we have something to say!

Those specific items: 

Revolution Cemflos - quotes obtained, schedule agreed with Accurascale, next update will be CADs in a month or two.

Revolution class 56xx - CADs shown.  EP samples expected soon.  We will post photos etc when we have them.

Revolution class 128 - order book expected to open Q1 2019.  Which you know.  I don't know who said expressions of interest would open in Jan 2019 but I am sure it was in good faith.  Sometimes plans get delayed, or deadlines missed.

There are threads here for all these models where you can ask questions and we will try to answer. 

As most people know we do this in our spare time (I have just come home after a nightshift) and in general we are not backward in coming forward when we have actual news about any of our models.

cheers

Ben A.

Online red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2019, 01:16:33 AM »
Just to add to Ben's point about night shifts - I'm just back from 3 days out of 4 in Paris/Brussels/Mechelen. That isn't to complain - that's my job - but it is to put it in some sort of context if we can't reply in a few days.

Most of the information is on our website - as Ben said - we've no interest in saying something for the sake of it! 

Cheers Mike

Offline captainelectra

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Electra Rail
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: March 02, 2019, 02:33:21 PM »
I fully appreciate the joys of trying to combine a model railway sideline with a "day job". Electra is becoming almost too successful and I sometimes struggle to keep up with e-mails and the like. Can't really complain about that, though :-)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Electra Rail
Peterborough, UK
http://www.electrarail.co.uk
Flick Site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £160.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £95.00
Site Currency: GBP