Lytchett Manor Models / GEM closing

Started by Dr Al, March 10, 2018, 01:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

As you so rightly say Matthew, "health comes first" concentrate on getting fit, we can wait.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Thanks for putting paid to the rumour mill, Matthew, and all best wishes for better health.

Lytchett Manor

Further to my last post, I can confirm that the following items will NOT be produced again, Garratt and S&D 7F,  the garratt has just been announced by Hattons and the mould has just about now burnt out and the 7f mould is the same.  The Z class and L&Y will be back in to production at some point, just watch the website.
Matthew

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 01, 2018, 05:45:38 PM
Thanks for putting paid to the rumour mill, Matthew, and all best wishes for better health.

here, here

exmouthcraig

People complain about the faceless big companies and their poor customer service that simply doesn't exist when they are worldwide YET the same people complain when little companies struggle to keep up.

It's too easily forgotten how much 1 man in a very small business does and when illness, deaths, poor payment and issues with any part causes delays there's not 500 people in the background to pick up and carry it through.

It's a very cruel world with ever demanding customers and tragic loss. And it's exceptionally hard when 1 man has to deal with everything.

I, like so many wish you good health Matthew and hope that 2019 becomes healthy and prosperous for you and your family

Kernna

Quote from: Lytchett Manor on December 01, 2018, 03:41:19 PM
I would now like to put everyone's minds at rest and hopefully stop the rumour mill.

I have not closed, I have had to scale back what is produced, due to various operations that I have had and have more to come.  As with any one, health always comes first, I have also had to get over the loss of a family member which hit me hard.  So with everything that is going on all I can do is APOLOGISE for the fact that everything was removed but I am trying to get things back in to a slow production.  By all means email your order to us, I can not give an instant response if I am at one of my various appointments, but I will do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the update.  I am sorry to hear about your loss and health problems.

It is good to know that you are still continuing the business, even if you are having to restrict yourself to a slower pace.  You have some very interesting and unique kits to offer us, but it is not worth your health!

Cheers,
K

Bulliedman

Further to my last post, I can confirm that the following items will NOT be produced again, Garratt and S&D 7F,  the garratt has just been announced by Hattons and the mould has just about now burnt out and the 7f mould is the same.

Can understand the Garratt but shame about the 7F

stevewalker

A real pity about the Garratt as there is no way I can afford the Hattons version (and it is only powered at one end I think) and I already have two Black 5s, but fair enough.

Fredastaire

The Garrat is ridiculously powerful with two Farish black 5 chassis, mine built this year I had pulling 101 wagons plus brake van, at the club we gave up adding members 16T wagons as it didnt have any effect on speed, it would still accelerate like a Scalextric racing car with that load. Bet Hattons wont pull like that.
I had one of the last kits, the castings needed lots of Milliput, P38 filler and cellulose stopper so i'm not surprised that the moulds are due for the scrap man. Next for me are the 7f and 4MT Fowler tank, ancient kits are in the post now to me, Farish Black 5 chassis rebuilt yesterday ready.

Lytchett Manor

Just so that everyone does not start another panic, I now have my next surgery date confirmed, The only page that will be live during my recovery period will be the clearance and Nameplates.  I will try to keep the down time  to as short as possible but it all depends on how my body accepts what has been done etc. 

The planned as it currently stands is that the pages will be removed at the end of Jan and will not be back up live until May, but as I said before it may be quicker.  I am happy to send out price lists if you either email me or send in S.A.E and I will post them out.
Matthew

Papyrus

I hope all goes well with your surgery and that the Lytchett Manor factory will soon be belching out smoke again!

All the best,

Chris

Kernna

Hi Matthew,

All the best with the surgery!  :thumbsup: I hope it all goes well and you have a speedily recovery.

You have done a good job on my first order and I am thoroughly impressed with your customer service.  I would recommend Lytchett Manor to anyone.

Cheers,
K

Newportnobby

Best of luck with the surgery, Matthew. My experience is the NHS is wonderful.

Ben A

Hi Matthew,

Best wishes for your surgery - I hope the procedure is a success and you're back on your feet soon.

Cheers

Ben A.

RailGooner

Best wishes to you Matthew for a successful op and full recovery.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations