!!

Not Yet Registered?

Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  We've currently hidden most of the threads due to the vast number of guests contributing in slowing the speed of the forum down.  Please register and login to see the many thousands of posts about our great hobby.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Not happy  (Read 4014 times)

Offline MalcolmInN

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Re: Not happy
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2018, 10:11:51 PM »
From ebay :-
offered at £3.99 !!  "If do not have 10 pro on your system, download direct from microsoft using Microsoft Creation Tool"
my green,
so that is why the creation tool is still there ? after GWX was closed. So if the bulk people are still needing it praps that route will remain then.

Not that I am bovvered, still happy with Win7, I'm just curious about it all :)
dog-with-a-bone so to speak  ;D !

Offline MalcolmInN

• Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2018, 01:34:43 AM »
Looks like MS reserve the right to disable a Win10 key if they see a disproportionate number of users on the same key (the keys not being unique, but grouped in user/install numbers supplied to the dealers)
So might be a good idea to turn off updates and not visit MS sites ?

Not saying they will,
if they did it could be another FTDI serial<>usb PR disaster ie. going after the user not the supplier.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:36:04 AM by MalcolmAL »

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2018, 07:04:41 AM »
I would never advocate disabling updates, for any reason. I would also say that both those things would be totally fruitless - if they wanted to disable your software they could do so as long as the computer was connected to the internet. I also wouldn’t worry about that in the least.

I’d be amazed if 0.1% of Microsoft’s sales are to individuals - the OEM market is going to be overwhelmingly larger.

Offline MalcolmInN

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2018, 09:22:48 AM »
I would never advocate disabling updates, for any reason.

the OEM market is going to be overwhelmingly larger.
That is a whole other debate lurking :)  which I will decline for now  :D

and yes.

Offline MalcolmInN

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2018, 09:50:01 AM »
and I was not advocating anybody do anything they didnt consent to, it was a suggestion as a 'reductio ad absurdum' on the proposition of MS reserving the right to do these things regardless of whether ior not they would !

tongues in cheeks dont come over well in texts

As for the debate - laters - but for now = I have been on the internet since before there was a web, I have never caught a virus off it. I practice safe hex and have been able to advise others (by their emailings, regardless if they actually contained a live virus or not)
and do not put ALL my trust in anti-virus software.

but all that, and a debate, I would suggest would be better elsewhere than in Mike's very interesting topic  ??

Offline Dorsetmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2018, 10:06:54 PM »
Think I've finally cracked it, new PC, transferred the SSD with Win 7 Pro 64 from other machine, had to run Win 7 install disc selected repair and it now works Fingers etc tightly crossed!
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £80.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
133% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal