!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: MDS Modell RhB models  (Read 5591 times)

Offline Engiadina

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: MDS Modell RhB models
« Reply #180 on: December 04, 2018, 09:37:39 AM »
I had a lengthy and informative telephone conversation with Mr. Müller from MDS, in which he was quite open about new products for 2019.

There will be more vans coming, not only in different paint/advertising schemes, but also the variant with refrigeration.

The Ge 4/4 II will be released in the 100 Year Chur-Arosa edition and the "Rhaetia" fundraiser edition. The Edelweiss edition will be released by Kato next year.

Sorry, no new loco in 2019, but MDS is working on a new loco for 2020. My question, whicht it will going to be remained unanswered, but chances seem to be pretty good for a Ge 6/6II.

The trailer car is not planned, Mr. Müller said that sales would be too low to justify the cost for the molds.

MDS is seeking a close communication with Kato/Noch, but as of today, there seems to be a bit of sand in the gearbox for that.

Just a little info on MDS - the company is run by Mr. Müller and a part time help, so we need to be patient with them.
Cheers!

Ulrich

"It´s never to late for a happy childhood!"

Offline Mike Beard

• N Gauge Society Number: 22460
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: December 04, 2018, 09:47:48 AM »
If neither MDS or Kato plug the obvious gaps in the coaching line like the luggage van and the driving trailer then serious RhB modellers will remain with Bemo and this gauge/scale combination will be an interesting "Also Ran" like the 3mm Society in the UK only not so well supported.

Support is a two way thing. We are buying - we need extra vehicles.

Cheers and Thank You for efforts in uncovering the position,

Mike Beard.

Offline Engiadina

• Awards
« Reply #182 on: December 04, 2018, 10:00:42 AM »
Mike,

mainstream manufacturers like Kato will only produce what they think will sell well and in Kato´s case, this will most likely be what Japanese buyers fancy as a souvenir from their visit to Switzerland. For other products, we will have to rely on small businesses like MDS and maybe PIRATA, both being certainly not as financially strong as Kato is.

Don´t forget - it took Bemo years and years to come that far.
Cheers!

Ulrich

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2018, 10:16:10 AM »
Many thanks for your informative post Ulrich. @Engiadina  :thumbsup:

Nice to hear what is in the pipeline for RhB fans. I think we do well, considering that RhB modelling has a market that is a niche within a niche within a niche. We would all like to see more variety and availability, but the economics must stack up to allow those gifted folks who produce the models to stay in business. And without the Japanese tourists the RhB layout of today would be a very different place. Imagine trying to amass N Gauge RhB  rolling stock back when I first visited Switzerland last century! :o
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Engiadina

• Awards
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2018, 10:37:43 AM »
Many thanks for your informative post Ulrich. @Engiadina  :thumbsup:

Nice to hear what is in the pipeline for RhB fans. I think we do well, considering that RhB modelling has a market that is a niche within a niche within a niche. We would all like to see more variety and availability, but the economics must stack up to allow those gifted folks who produce the models to stay in business. And without the Japanese tourists the RhB layout of today would be a very different place. Imagine trying to amass N Gauge RhB  rolling stock back when I first visited Switzerland last century! :o

Well, you had to rely on AB-Modell, Team14 and Feinwerktechnik Gröbi and other sources catering exclusively for the rich and famous.
Cheers!

Ulrich

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2018, 11:14:37 AM »
Well, you had to rely on AB-Modell, Team14 and Feinwerktechnik Gröbi and other sources catering exclusively for the rich and famous.

No problems for me then. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Metroman64

• MENSA No 60968
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2019, 08:55:56 AM »
I had a lengthy and informative telephone conversation with Mr. Müller from MDS, in which he was quite open about new products for 2019.

The Ge 4/4 II will be released in the 100 Year Chur-Arosa edition and the "Rhaetia" fundraiser edition. The Edelweiss edition will be released by Kato next year.

I wonder if he will make his locos easily convertable to Nm. From what I gather, it is not easy at this time, but if he slightly redesigned the bogie, it would much appreciated. By allowing an easier conversion to Nm, his sales would probably increase as I am reluctant to purchase an MDS GE4/4 II until I know it can be converted without too many problems.

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £315.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
105% 
January Donations

Advertise Here