New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Tregonning - Layout in a (Largish) case  (Read 20717 times)

Offline cornish yorkie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Tregonning - Layout in a (Largish) case
« Reply #660 on: July 29, 2018, 03:36:35 PM »
 :hellosign:   :greatpicturessign:  Many thanks for sharing this excellent project it really looks amazing. If work allows I will see you in Hayle, probably on the Sunday fingers crossed.
    regards Derek.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #661 on: July 31, 2018, 08:04:27 PM »
Chris (IP) has kindly supplied this little horse and cart set for use on Tregonning.
Iíve quickly put it in the high street but this may well not be its final location. Plus the load will certainly change.
For now though, it looks good I think :

Thanks Chris, Iíll spruce it up a bit, add a better load then locate it in its final home.

If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #662 on: August 06, 2018, 08:11:15 PM »
The two externally very dirty empty milk tankers from Tregonning arrive at Cant Cove behind a BR Black EC 4575.

The Tregonning Creamery needs extra supplies of full cream Cornish milk from the Castle Dairy to satisfy the demand for Cornish Clotted Cream at the peak of the tourist season and all the externally clean milk tankers are already in use.

(Fortunately, Lady Penelope is not present to see the scandalous external state of these two tanks wagons as she is with her husband on Mykonos, now the most famous Cycladic Island of the Aegean, the "Jet Set" destination of Europe.)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #663 on: August 06, 2018, 08:14:17 PM »
Chris (IP) has kindly supplied this little horse and cart set for use on Tregonning.
Iíve quickly put it in the high street but this may well not be its final location. Plus the load will certainly change.

Thanks Chris, Iíll spruce it up a bit, add a better load then locate it in its final home.

My pleasure, Martin. It was bought 'sight unseen' and I'm sure that you can make it look better, not least by changing the load. (I think that I have a similar horse and cart still in spraypainted undercoat to construct.) Yours, though, looks very good in the street scene and will, I'm sure, attract visitors' interest.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:45:17 AM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Online dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #664 on: August 06, 2018, 08:23:31 PM »
The two externally very dirty empty milk tankers from Tregonning arrive at Cant Cove behind a BR Black EC 4575.

I have to admit that a sense of shock pervaded my work area when I saw those tankers.  :o. I mean, what were the maintenance/cleaning crew thinking of? I realise that there may be an unprecedented demand on rolling stock to cater for the demands of the tourists, but ......... words fail me! I too am glad that Lady Penelope is not around - she would have a fit if she saw those tankers.  :worried:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #665 on: August 06, 2018, 10:17:59 PM »
Iím pleased that the weathers milk tankers arrived safely Chris.They look good wiith the 45xx in control.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #666 on: August 07, 2018, 07:11:23 AM »
You canít beat some ďwell run inĒ rolling stock   :)

Offline Leon

• N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #667 on: August 09, 2018, 05:21:48 PM »

Martin, I've been studying the photo of your full layout, and it will be a "go to" example as I build my own. I am in awe by your achievement. All the compliments are fully deserved, and from modellers with significant achievements of their own they are even more meaningful.

Leon

Offline wookie

• N Gauge Society Number: 24741
    • Awards
« Reply #668 on: August 09, 2018, 06:55:56 PM »

A good old load of hoss muck, complete with smellyvision  :D

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #669 on: August 09, 2018, 07:59:39 PM »
Iím pleased that the weathers milk tankers arrived safely Chris.They look good wiith the 45xx in control.

Thanks a lot, Martin, for all your work and posting them off so quickly. I think they look very good.

The left-hand one had a dilute matt black wash added to the solebar, to tone down the brown patches.

I must have a go at respraying my light blue Dapol 2F-031-012- 6 WHEEL MILK TANKER EXPRESS DAIRY 'E' N Gauge in "Castle Dairy" light blue livery.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:01:18 PM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #670 on: August 09, 2018, 08:29:23 PM »

Martin, I've been studying the photo of your full layout, and it will be a "go to" example as I build my own. I am in awe by your achievement. All the compliments are fully deserved, and from modellers with significant achievements of their own they are even more meaningful.

Leon
Thank you Leon. That is very kind
I really enjoyed building my layout in a case (and was much inspired by Phoenix (Kevin) with his Windmill Hill).

Offline Leon

• N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #671 on: August 09, 2018, 08:51:07 PM »
Thank you Leon. That is very kind
I really enjoyed building my layout in a case (and was much inspired by Phoenix (Kevin) with his Windmill Hill).

Martin, perhaps the primary motivation for my interest in model railroading were the delightful colors of both locomotives and wagons. They didn't continue to look so good, though, during their working lives and that fact needs to be represented in a model. A mix of pristine and worn is most appropriate. I've enjoyed following Kevin, also, but I can't get excited about modeling anything smaller than 4' x 8'. :) Even that doesn't give me as much scope as I'd like for the track plan, but I think I'd be happy to stop with the scenery after the dimensions of your case! As I've said previously, the two year plan I started with has stretched to four (probably).

Leon

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #672 on: August 15, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »
Catching up with Tregonning, brilliant photos and cameo's as usual, sad to read it is complete (same with Windmill Hill) and won't be anywhere close to the exhibition locations sadly .. my new rota also means I miss TINGS again... I will get to it one day!

Look forward to seeing your next projects while I reflect on the fact that in the time you have conceptualised/acquired/planned/built/detailed/exhibited Tregonning ..... i have only got as far as acquiring not one but 2 instrument cases (I couldn't decide) to develop a similar idea.... well done and hat off to you!

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #673 on: August 19, 2018, 08:28:23 PM »
We arrived home a day early from a trip up to Bristol and Wiltshire. All of our visitors have now left (certainly till late September) so I get the train room back for a while.
As I have an exhibition date lined up for Tregonning next weekend, Iíve set up the case on the bed for final testing and fiddling.
Iíve added, at the last moment, this Celtic Cross which is typicak of so many Cornish villages. I think it looks ok - any thoughts?

Offline Train Waiting

• The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #674 on: August 19, 2018, 08:33:43 PM »
We arrived home a day early from a trip up to Bristol and Wiltshire. All of our visitors have now left (certainly till late September) so I get the train room back for a while.
As I have an exhibition date lined up for Tregonning next weekend, Iíve set up the case on the bed for final testing and fiddling.
Iíve added, at the last moment, this Celtic Cross which is typicak of so many Cornish villages. I think it looks ok - any thoughts?

I think it looks just right, Martin.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is a train set trying and failing to be a model railway.

I believe that train sets and model railways are fun.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £200.00
Above Goal: £145.00
Site Currency: GBP
364% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything