!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: West Porthsea  (Read 11428 times)

Offline cornish yorkie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: West Porthsea
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2018, 08:32:53 PM »
 :hellosign:
  Good Evening Laurence, Chris & Martin I used to be so good at geography (a long time ago)  :sorrysign:
Not wanting to mislead the distance is just under 900 miles as the crow flies, mostly South but a bit of East & on the Western Med
   regards Derek

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2018, 10:16:13 PM »
Hi Derek,

With the new info I'm going Barcelona/ Costa Brava. If so, any train photos in the future will be very much appreciated, or if the South of France likewise. More the merrier. Having 4 dogs we don't get to travel much now.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2019, 09:15:44 PM »
Costa Blanca? North or South?
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2019, 07:49:43 AM »
Havenít got my atlas handy but could it be Gibraltar?

Hope that all goes well with the move.

Online Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2019, 07:00:17 PM »
Excellent New Year news, Derek.

The train room sounds wonderful.

As you are talking flight distance, I'm guessing that you will land at Alicante!

All best wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1920s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2019, 07:47:57 PM »
With the revised information, I too am now guessing at Southern Spain.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2019, 11:32:38 PM »
 :hellosign:.
  Good Evening Chris, Brian, Keith, John & Martin. You are all correct with Spain, about 1 hour south of Alicante airport by Bus.
   Most important the layout plans have changed very little so West Porthsea is a very important part of the plan. Would love to start serious construction now but worried how well would it travel when we move, jury is still out on this one. At the moment still stuck with using mobile phone but as ever doing my best to follow everyone s progress. More updates asap & a big  :thankyousign:
     regards Derek.

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2019, 08:01:15 PM »
Hi Derek,

Nothing major to say except V. jealous of your move destination. I love Spain but can't persuade the good lady to move there. Maybe in a few years down the line.

Also a thank you in a very roundabout way in that I don't know much about Alicante so I Google mapped it first and noticed the single railway line to the South of the City at El Palmeral went along the coast right by the sea.

I wasn't really happy with my wall and walkway on the Estepera (Principat d'Izaro) layout so after Googling pics have got ideas of a rock causeway on one side. I'd thought about it before but real Spanish trains on one with pics adds inspiration.

I can't really give advice regarding your build and the move as we still are trying to move but it's been going on for years. I keep changing my mind but enjoy making little dioramas which hopefully will all make an appearance at some point on a future bigger layout.

Good Luck with everything and Happy New Year.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2019, 08:52:49 PM »
Also a thank you in a very roundabout way in that I don't know much about Alicante so I Google mapped it first and noticed the single railway line to the South of the City at El Palmeral went along the coast right by the sea.
That line runs from Alicante via Elche, Murcia, to Cartagena. It used to run from a separate staion with no connection to the main Alicante station. A link was built where trains have to reverse at El Palmeral and change direction yet again to run North to Madrid. My knowledge of Spanish railway history is not good but as in the UK there was a grouping of companies to form RENFE.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2019, 09:20:09 PM »
 :hellosign: Good Evening Chris, the plan is to move somewhere a lot warmer & dryer as soon as we can retire.
   You are making excellent progress with your layout & yes it is inspirational (thanks to everyone) especially that bridge.
    Good luck with your future move & hope all goes well.
  :hellosign: Thanks Brian for the information, I see can 4 car EMUs heading south from the airport bus stop (a least a mile away) so further investigation is required.
     regards Derek.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2019, 09:32:09 PM »

:hellosign: Good Evening hope you are all well, with the info & history I am amassing from these two books almost ready for the back story for West Porthsea. Lots more help from Google of course & I may have finally sussed out uploading photos again.
   regards Derek.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2019, 03:49:24 PM »
 :hellosign: & Good Afternoon everybody,
    A small update on new arrivals from my birthday, a bit late I know

Four Maroon MK1 coaches for the Penzance to Paddington which will be by a Western, more to follow when I suss out uploading videos again
     regards Derek.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2019, 04:13:48 PM »
 :hellosign:
https://youtu.be/aV24o8_3e48
  Hopefully is a very short video of almost complete rake of Maroon Mk1s, yes I know there is a LMS inspection saloon, also a present so stays for now, BRCW type 3 D5379 in charge till we source a suitable Western
     regards Derek.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2019, 04:15:42 PM »
thanks for that.like the restaurant car - breakfast to exeter,lunch to taunton or high tea served on the return along the dawlish sea wall ?

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2019, 04:29:02 PM »
Looks pretty good Derek.
Maroon carriages always look quite smart to my eyes.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal